Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.IndianAftermarket.com offers special deals each month for Scout owners. For the month of April 2016 we have three deals. One is a performance package that includes The Dobeck EJK fuel computer , The "Screaming Scout" intake, and an RPW exhaust system. The savings is about $150. The second deal is for leather grips. Normally they are $59.95 but for April they are $39.95. Finally, the third deal is for the Freedom windshield. It is on sale for $20 off.

IMG_4162 (1).jpg

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
www.IndianAftermarket.com offers special deals each month for Scout owners. For the month of April 2016 we have three deals. One is a performance package that includes The Dobeck EJK fuel computer , The "Screaming Scout" intake, and an RPW exhaust system. The savings is about $150. The second deal is for leather grips. Normally they are $59.95 but for April they are $39.95. Finally, the third deal is for the Freedom windshield. It is on sale for $20 off.
I would love to take advantage of the Freedom windshield but again, I'm not shelling out $300+ for a used or $450 for a new OEM shield just to get the frame.

·
Registered
411 Posts

View attachment 39130
Wow..what's wrong with that seat?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to take advantage of the Freedom windshield but again, I'm not shelling out $300+ for a used or $450 for a new OEM shield just to get the frame.
This is a problem. If you already own the OEM frame, the Freedom shield is a great solution. Otherwise, wait until someone makes an affordable frame. I will take a look at doing it. I don't know if I can make a good frame with a low price.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow..what's wrong with that seat?
This is a new adjustable springer seat we will be offering in a few days. It is the only seat you can buy that allows you to move it to many different positions and angle. It also absorbs bumps in the road very nicely. If you try it, you won't want to use the OEM seat anymore.

·
Gold member
6,449 Posts
This is a problem. If you already own the OEM frame, the Freedom shield is a great solution. Otherwise, wait until someone makes an affordable frame. I will take a look at doing it. I don't know if I can make a good frame with a low price.
Well.......Scout owners think you can get it down real low! What about an agreed order with a large deposit to help finance the project, I'm atop a Dark Horse so my input means nothing! I'm just throwing you some encouragement (or is it a push)?

·
Gold member
6,449 Posts
This is a new adjustable springer seat we will be offering in a few days. It is the only seat you can buy that allows you to move it to many different positions and angle. It also absorbs bumps in the road very nicely. If you try it, you won't want to use the OEM seat anymore.
Will this also be available for the Chief line up?

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, now you guys got me thinking. I am already working on several new products for the Scout. But the windshield is a problem. So I was just in the shop playing with ideas. I am going to make a windshield frame out of the same polyethylene plastic that I make the luggage rack. It is very strong and won't mar. This way I can make it somewhat quick release. I think black will look good. I have to build it and test it at 300 mph to make sure it it stable etc. (Oh, you didn't know my bike goes 300 mph.) It won't happen this weekend but I will post it if I like it. If it fails this conversation never happened.

·
Registered
58 Posts
... working on several new products for the Scout...
That's all you're gonna say? No hints about what other new products you're working on?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Any of you guys got the warbonnet tank and speedo riser kit without the dual intakes? .
Its very appealing for the tall guys!
Just don't want a large gap to be visible without the intakes.
Thanks

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok. I like to be pushed. I am adding a Warbonnet 2" riser for the speedo (We have a 1 1/2" riser now.) I am working on a leather cover for the headlight. I will have a leather rear fender bib soon. An adjustable heel/toe shifter. Leather cover for stock Scout handlebars. A "WarCry" horn that sounds like an Indian person screaming like in the old western movies. A leather shift rod cover. I have designed a fork lock but I think it won't sell at $200 each. You would have to carry an extra key. I want to make a "Warbonnet Watch" that has a very heavy chrome indian with headdress for the case. The headdress would protrude to one side. More case than watch face. The problem is I need to make hundreds or thousands to get the price down. Then I might get Polaris lawyers coming after me. Open to more ideas. These won't all make it to the website. I always test items for a while before I sell them. Sometimes it is too expensive to make them. I don't work cheap you know.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Perhaps you can make a frame that's sub-$200. That would probably get a lot of takers if you add the shield price onto it.

Please put me on the list of people to be notified.

Reactions: 82ndScout

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would very much prefer to get notice of a possible frame as well, if you make a list please add me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have been working on the windshield frame idea today. I think it will work. I think I can sell it for $200 or so and make a good profit. (I like profit when I can get it.) Let me know if you guys might go for this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am currently looking for a wind screen I will wait for your idea to come out. Are you also making a tan leather tank bib? Maybe for the bib to be connected at the top in similar way the OEM pouch is fixed to the gas filler.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I have thought about a tank bib. Attaching it like Polaris does seems to be the best way. I am also thinking about a full leather tank wrap. This is probably crazy but it would be unique. I need to do the bib and the rear fender also soon. Thanks. PS I will get the windshield frame soon. It is eating at me.

·
Gold member
6,449 Posts
Ok. I like to be pushed. I am adding a Warbonnet 2" riser for the speedo (We have a 1 1/2" riser now.) I am working on a leather cover for the headlight. I will have a leather rear fender bib soon. An adjustable heel/toe shifter. Leather cover for stock Scout handlebars. A "WarCry" horn that sounds like an Indian person screaming like in the old western movies. A leather shift rod cover. I have designed a fork lock but I think it won't sell at $200 each. You would have to carry an extra key. I want to make a "Warbonnet Watch" that has a very heavy chrome indian with headdress for the case. The headdress would protrude to one side. More case than watch face. The problem is I need to make hundreds or thousands to get the price down. Then I might get Polaris lawyers coming after me. Open to more ideas. These won't all make it to the website. I always test items for a while before I sell them. Sometimes it is too expensive to make them. I don't work cheap you know.
We share a problem, you need a test person and a test bike; and I need a guy who needs a guy like me for testing. Re: watches my wrists are yours! And to get away from the smaller indian bikes, you can use my Black Horse! That way if I get in B4 you start pricing (see where this is going)? Bulky watches suck, I've 3 or 4 Rolex watches somewhere in the house taghauer too-just to bulky. Especially when riding or dressing/long sleeves or leather jackets. Just thinking out loud since we're a 'Team' now! Good luck with your designs.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We share a problem, you need a test person and a test bike; and I need a guy who needs a guy like me for testing. Re: watches my wrists are yours! And to get away from the smaller indian bikes, you can use my Black Horse! That way if I get in B4 you start pricing (see where this is going)? Bulky watches suck, I've 3 or 4 Rolex watches somewhere in the house taghauer too-just to bulky. Especially when riding or dressing/long sleeves or leather jackets. Just thinking out loud since we're a 'Team' now! Good luck with your designs.
Since you are on my team now, I would like to borrow one of your watches. Also, the shop needs the floor swept. And could you run out and get me a sandwich. Actually Tag Hauers are my favorite watch.

·
Gold member
6,449 Posts
Since you are on my team now, I would like to borrow one of your watches. Also, the shop needs the floor swept. And could you run out and get me a sandwich. Actually Tag Hauers are my favorite watch.
Did I hear (floor swept and to get you a sandwich)? So the team leader can't tell time eats to much and you're a slob! I may have to reconsider as I'm confused now ie: you want the taghauer or one of the Rolex's? You never get anything done now do you? I quit! But I'm watching you!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts