Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
I am going to make a small 18x24 sign (depending on if I can pack it on the bike, maybe slightly smaller) a metal yard stake and a 2x4 base with some holes drilled in it so that it can stand on its own on a table or tie some string and hang it or double stick tape and mount it. Primarily its purpose will not be for the Saturday event . Unless someone wants to hold it up for the Picture. it was an visual marker so that people who are interested in meeting folks they have been communicating with on this forum. Some have been in contact for many years and never met. I have only been a member for a little over a month. but I already appreciate so much of the support and advice I have been given by many members here, it would be nice to be able to shake their hand and say thanks in person. it sounds like there will be quite a lot of people there. Hink mentioned a possible table designated for Forum members. but I think this will work. hope to see you there.
That's a lot of work for a small sign.
A couple f years ago I had a 3'x6' banner made for the forum. Easy to store on a bike. Hung with small pieces of cord. Used with good success in Maggie Valley at the annual Indian Motorcycle-Slingshot Rally. Unfortunately that rally is no longer held.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I agree a banner would have been better but short notice made that not an option for me at least. This was the only option I can put together in the time constraint.

Reactions: HINK

·
Registered
316 Posts
I suspect Gregory Indian will have some sort of signage to commemorate the event. hopefully they will have organized a photo op as well.

·
Administrator
14,732 Posts
UPDATED EVENT INFO:

Just called Gregory Polaris since they had no update on their website re this afternoon’s event (posted Friday). The heavy rain will have no impact on happenings this afternoon. I’m headed up there now (1620hrs). See you all there. The ride tomorrow should have no rain (so they say) so route and staging remain the same.

·
Rider
396 Posts
Got there a little late and soaked last night. Looked for the sign but didn't see it. Hopefully catch up with you guys today!

·
Registered
316 Posts
After the parade I went riding with my Harley buddies that made the trip with me. We ran into some folks that bailed after the first attempt. Said it was to hard on the bike and even my expectation were diminishing that the problems would be over come. Happily we stick it out and came all that way to give it another shot. I guess that is why we ended up with 651 when they announce over 700 bikes were there on the first attempt. Thanks to all the posts on face book. Lots of really cool pics to commemorate the event. It was great to meet folks in person that we have been communicating with. Hope everyone made a successful trip home.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry about the sign showing up late, we didnt roll in until 8pm. Lucky we missed all the rain but we had been on the road since 5 am.

·
Registered
144 Posts
After the parade I went riding with my Harley buddies that made the trip with me. We ran into some folks that bailed after the first attempt. Said it was to hard on the bike and even my expectation were diminishing that the problems would be over come. Happily we stick it out and came all that way to give it another shot. I guess that is why we ended up with 651 when they announce over 700 bikes were there on the first attempt. Thanks to all the posts on face book. Lots of really cool pics to commemorate the event. It was great to meet folks in person that we have been communicating with. Hope everyone made a successful trip home.
It certainly was an awesome thing to be part of this. Our number was 570 and 572. Meet some beautiful people, rode some gorgeous roads and had a wonderful time. Yes, the first attempt was frustrating! The bike in front of me was smoking while coming up the hill to Barrett's. When we restarted, his bike wouldn't crank. He and his buddy had to pull out of line. I sure hope it wasn't serious and permanent, but it didn't look good. MAN, it was scary knowing that trying for it the second time may have meant damaging our rides. Everyone took it a hell of a lot more serious on the second attempt. Don't know if I would have done it a third time.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,868 Posts
Your LAST chance to get a Big Bore kit for $116 ... but... are you feeling Lucky?

upload_2019-10-10_11-39-19.png

·
Registered
316 Posts
just an update, not sure if any knew this, if it was announced or not but evidently we can request a certificate of the event through participation from the Guinness World Record Store. I attempted to see if our Record was available but so far it is not. The Harley Record is available which was on the same day. if you are interested in buying a certificate. they are 20 bucks and you can order them here... eventually

The Guinness World Records Store - Certificates

just click on the add to basket button under participation and select the Date and Country the event took place. When our event shows up I assume it will be available.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,868 Posts
Time Flies.... Approximately One Year Ago , 700+ bike rolled into Hot Springs, AR ... when the smoke cleared ... on the 'second attempt' .... 651 Bikes rolled across the 'finish line' setting a new world record, CRUSHING the previous one ..... What an incredible weekend that was.... the tribe I rolled in with was there for five days kicking it up .. we had about a 100 IIRA folks for our Tri State event that coincided ...

Going to be moons/years, before we see that many again ....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the reminder, it was a proud moment. I had only had my newbindian for about a mobth when we made the trip from Houston Texas. Great memory, met some great folks too. I only wish I would have had more time to meet more people and socialize a bit more.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts