Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,866 Posts
Approx 650 bikes signed up as of today .... Looking like we could break the 700 mark.

As a minimum I look at this several ways no matter how all this plays out. First, we'll achieve the "500+" mark guaranteed and secondly, decimate the existing record 2 or 3 fold. Finally, this is THE largest Indian Motorcycle event in the US in modern history.

Seven more days until Hot Springs! A long weekend of awesome riding in the Hot Spring's area(s)

upload_2019-9-25_15-20-6.png

·
Founding member
1,502 Posts
I hope someone gets a picture of all these bikes on the parking lot. I'd love to have a 28" X 42' to hang in my man cave.

·
Administrator
14,687 Posts
Another thread just got started on this — I pasted the link to this one.

No answer from Tamara Smith to my request for a table or designated area for us — probly she’s too busy or mebbe she just thinks I’m a flake. Either way, it’s up to us to figure out how to meet up or identify forum members amongst the masses.

Thoughts or suggestions? Mayhaps wearing a distinctive item of clothing or figuring out a spot within the Barrett complex? I think Friday afternoon at the pre-event registration feed and the Saturday post-event feed would be the best opportunities.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hink, I would be happy to make a small sign that we could hold up or hang somewhere. However, our group is riding up from houston and we plan to ride up to talihina first so we can ride down thru mena into hot springs on friday. I think it is around 600 miles. We will be leaving around 5am. Being this is my first trip. Not exactly sure how long it will take us.
Anxiously waiting to find out. My group just got back from the smokies and they said they were not able to ride as long as they expected, but they were all two up. I will plan on bringing the sign anyway. If nothing else we can use it for pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hink, I would be happy to make a small sign that we could hold up or hang somewhere. However, our group is riding up from houston and we plan to ride up to talihina first so we can ride down thru mena into hot springs on friday. I think it is around 600 miles. We will be leaving around 5am. Being this is my first trip. Not exactly sure how long it will take us.
Anxiously waiting to find out. My group just got back from the smokies and they said they were not able to ride as long as they expected, but they were all two up. I will plan on bringing the sign anyway. If nothing else we can use it for pictures.
Red, was thinking about going and seen you were coming up from Houston, towards Mena, was just wondering which way were you going, to hit Mena, and the day you were leaving? I live outside of Dallas and would love just to ride along with a few others, if you don’t mind tag alongs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Happy to have more company. We will be leaving at 5am friday. Are plan is to head straight to Talihina Oklahoma then ride into into Mena from the westside. Can say for sure what time we will be getting into Talihina. But you would be welcome to ride in with us. Just so you know, my two riding buddies will be on harleys. If you let me know how long it takes you to get there. I can call you and let you know when we get to a similar distance.
Ride safe

·
Indians. LOTS of Indians
3,866 Posts
Where you going to hang the sign? If you're talking about Saturday morning... ti's going to be chaos .... folks most likely lining us in the order they roll in

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am going to make a small 18x24 sign (depending on if I can pack it on the bike, maybe slightly smaller) a metal yard stake and a 2x4 base with some holes drilled in it so that it can stand on its own on a table or tie some string and hang it or double stick tape and mount it. Primarily its purpose will not be for the Saturday event . Unless someone wants to hold it up for the Picture. it was an visual marker so that people who are interested in meeting folks they have been communicating with on this forum. Some have been in contact for many years and never met. I have only been a member for a little over a month. but I already appreciate so much of the support and advice I have been given by many members here, it would be nice to be able to shake their hand and say thanks in person. it sounds like there will be quite a lot of people there. Hink mentioned a possible table designated for Forum members. but I think this will work. hope to see you there.

Reactions: HINK

·
Rider
396 Posts
We are rolling out Thursday night from Austin and will try to at least make Waco (hopefully closer to Dallas) then up early Friday to get to Hot Springs for the 4:30 shindig and pre-reg. Is the 4:30 Friday Meet up at Barrett as well?

·
Administrator
14,687 Posts
I took the liberty of transferring this photo of @RedRM s sign. This is a rough draft and Chris (aka RedRM) may add something under the script. But everybody should look for this sign on a table at the Barrett Center Friday afternoon/ evening and then again after the record ride on Saturday. The sign will be free-standing (on 2x4’s) not hanging on a wall. And our collective thanks to Chris for solving this issue for us.

C8DC33CC-6CC2-4CDF-97DB-AAC8252CAE09.jpeg

·
Administrator
14,687 Posts
@rickkcir — Hey Rick I took the liberty of posting those two great photos to a couple of the other threads, along with a link to this thread and an invite/ nudge for people to attend. We may break 800!

·
4,503 Posts
Another thread just got started on this — I pasted the link to this one.

No answer from Tamara Smith to my request for a table or designated area for us — probly she’s too busy or mebbe she just thinks I’m a flake. Either way, it’s up to us to figure out how to meet up or identify forum members amongst the masses.

Thoughts or suggestions? Mayhaps wearing a distinctive item of clothing or figuring out a spot within the Barrett complex? I think Friday afternoon at the pre-event registration feed and the Saturday post-event feed would be the best opportunities.
I wish the Indian World record ride would have come up sooner because I will miss out on it. A couple months back a bunch of buds/co-workers heard about the H-D world record attempt being held on 5 October in Paris, TX. We all talked about it and I committed to go with them and then a couple weeks later the Indian ride pops up. So I'll be riding my Sporty from here in TN to TX which should be an adventure. Maybe next year..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you going to be passing through Antlers on the way up to Talihina?

·
Registered
304 Posts
No, we are coming up 59, to 259

61 - 80 of 102 Posts