Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many may know of this guy, I do not. However, if you do not, and have interest in the renewed rivalry between HD and Indian, I think you'll find this somewhat short video of interest.

Where's @huskeydavidson when you need him? Lol.

Enjoy tribe.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have to agree with some of what he said. @17NDNSTL they are the exact reasons I bought my 18 limited. I already have a bike in the garage that looks like the 19 except it says Harley on it.
Im sorry ChicagoMike. Lol.

You coming down for the AFT Springfield mile or did I miss it?

·
Rider
617 Posts
What he says they should do with the fairing is exactly what I believe Indian should do. I will NOT buy any Indians (Chieftains) as it is now. And if the new Challenger has that ugly HD shark nose look, I will not be purchasing that either. My 2 cents, rant over - lol.

·
Rider
724 Posts
Many may know of this guy, I do not. However, if you do not, and have interest in the renewed rivalry between HD and Indian, I think you'll find this somewhat short video of interest.

Enjoy tribe.

I bought my 2017 RM after riding absolutely EVERY 2018 HD at the dealership. Once I rode a Chieftain and felt the handling, I knew my next bike would be an Indian. Once I got on a RM, it was over. I also rode the 2018 Goldwing, and the 2018 Yamaha Venture Transcontinental. I made the right choice.

·
Bronze member
3,066 Posts
I have the 18.... I do like the Chiefglide but he is right and I always thought the turn signals should have stayed in the fairing.. passing lamps not so much... the Chief Classic needs more than a front fender, wheel and saddlebags to be different.. and classier..

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Silver member
4,418 Posts
I think he nailed it with his new fairing design; I like it.
Some of the reasons why I love my 18 over the new 19's.
Turn signals should have stayed in the fairing and the passing lamps should have stayed as well.
Indian cheeped out as far as I'm concerned by eliminating the passing lamps and putting cheep turn signals on; then only to charge more for a little lesser of a bike IMO.

upload_2019-8-19_21-22-40.png

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
As I said earlier I totally agree with him. Spots and signals in the new batwing fairing is a way better look. And would distinguish a difference in coming at you because I don’t care what anyone says. Coming at you it’s a streetglide. All around it’s a streetglide but a good looking streetglide as is the streetglide lol

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts

Enjoy tribe.

Thanks for sharing old fellow, I have to agree with a lot of things he said.As for the copy this and copy that between the 2 major manufacturers I don't give a hoot but the best thing and the guy mentioned that it will be the customer that benefits .

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I think he nailed it with his new fairing design; I like it.
Some of the reasons why I love my 18 over the new 19's.
Turn signals should have stayed in the fairing and the passing lamps should have stayed as well.
Indian cheeped out as far as I'm concerned by eliminating the passing lamps and putting cheep turn signals on; then only to charge more for a little lesser of a bike IMO.

View attachment 518236
I love the concept fairing too be honest. If they did it I think they will still sell heaps of Chieftains.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,313 Posts
The cheaper design won for Polaris to maximize their profit margin plain & simple. We all know that but I do like his rendering of how it should've looked. That would've at least distinguished the Chieftain from the Street Glide a bit more as you've said.

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,726 Posts

Enjoy tribe.

Other then the style of a fairing........[sorry]
0345275D-E262-456D-A142-2CCACF22CC9F.jpeg

he brings up the important issue of content..[jimlad]
3C1D3323-EA5D-46D7-B4AE-28878980738F.jpeg

I don’t need no stinking radio (I already can’t hear):confused:
[hilarious]

·
Registered
467 Posts

Enjoy tribe.

Like his idea to keep the iconic stylistic turning lights on the fairing = respect more the INDIAN visual identity.
Regarding passing lights I do not choose to keep them and also speakers and amplifyer (not indispensable on bike).
Then, these modifications will allow less weight inside the fairing and then no need to have a "shark nose" HD like.
My 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts