Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in anyone that has converted their Indian into a trike. And which Tike kit you would says in best.
My leg is giving out and I wish to still ride.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am interested in anyone that has converted their Indian into a trike. And which Tike kit you would says in best.
My leg is giving out and I wish to still ride.
I don't own a trike but I recently toured the manufacturing faculty for the "California Sidecar company " in central Virginia.
I was very impressed by the technology of their suspension and drivetrain systems.
I believe they have dealers all over the country.

·
Registered
2016 Chief Vintage
498 Posts
Know 2 guys that went with California Sidecar. High quality, larger than some (more storage). Both are both very happy theirs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
When my time comes my Scout will somehow have this one for the best of two worlds.
3 wheels and still handles like a two wheel motorcycle.
Tilting Motor Works - High-performance trike kit for your Harley® or Gold Wing
Currently, they do not have a conversion for Indian models. However, I talked with the owner during Sturgis and he stated that his next conversion project is for an Indian. You might want to send an email to them and ask where they are with an Indian conversion unit and which Indian models it will work with.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Currently, they do not have a conversion for Indian models. However, I talked with the owner during Sturgis and he stated that his next conversion project is for an Indian. You might want to send an email to them and ask where they are with an Indian conversion unit and which Indian models it will work with.
Yes, sorry I neglected to say that in the post.

This thread subject has been asked many times before and I just forgot to put it in this thread this time, because I always recommend that you try them out until they make one to fit our Scouts..
It is by far the most creative iteration of a three wheel trike setup since the idea first surfaced by HD years ago.
It has all the reasons that you need a three wheel bike in your older years without losing all the things you ride a bike for.
As soon as they make a kit for the Scout I'm getting in line for the conversion.....

·
Bronze member
2,918 Posts
Thought the Chieftan and Springfield would make for a better trike due to there front fork rake ( better handling)

·
Registered
232 Posts
i didn't buy mine for the reason you are saying but i also have a can am spyder rts. a lot of guys go for that
bike when they have diabetes or some type of leg problem. you may want to look at that too.
p.s. it's a lot of fun & gets the looks too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts