Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one the Indian motorcycle covers, would this protect the leather better?

Waiting for my Vintage to be shipped to me and I am worried about the leather.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're getting a new Vintage, chances are the leather will be "treated" better than the early batch of 2014's. I got one of the early bikes (246) and I had fading issues. I picked up a cover at Wal Mart. Very cheap but pretty good quality.
Either way I'd recommend a cover. Enjoy your bike a ride safe!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks adirep

I decided to buy a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Plus at Amazon for $82, it has Heat Shields to allow the cover to be placed on immediately after riding. It's rated 5 stars. Half the cost of the Indian cover.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Has anyone purchased one the Indian motorcycle covers, would this protect the leather better?

Waiting for my Vintage to be shipped to me and I am worried about the leather.
If your getting a 2015 Vintage, then your fine, the new leather is totally different from the 2014's I wish I had the 2015 leather,

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Chieftain and purchased a Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000, size XXL. I haven't looked back. It's heavy-duty, waterproof, vented, has elastic bottom with eyelets/hooks, and even has a cotton liner to cover the windshield. Oh, and it has a lifetime warranty too.

Here's what it looks like: Nelson-Rigg Falcon Defender 2000 Cover - Motorcycle Superstore

and I bought mine on Ebay for $68, shipping included.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts