Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Velo 500

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  tommycool 
#1 ·
As a new member I was wondering if there any Indian Velo 500 members here.

I have 2 thruxtons that i purchased from southeast indian in the early 70's at a bankruptcy sale.

They have been stored for about 30 years and I am in the process of getting one out.

ned sanders

#6 ·
I would like to find some one else that has one.

One of the bikes was still in the crate and the other had parts stripped off the us as parts

I got all the parts that they still had which was not much.

Have a American eagle side car on the running one. It might have 3.000 miles on it

ned sanders.

#9 ·
Floyd Clymer classics. He put British engines into I think Italian frames if I recall correctly. The very late sixties into the early 1970s was the time-frame for these bikes. I think Clymer died and that ended them. He was publisher for Cycle Magazine back in those days. I was a long time subscriber to it.

#21 ·
Yes your right we had the gearchange on the 'Right' side! Dam Japs they got it wrong and we had to follow (Lol). 1 up 3 down on most (inc Velocette) who needs more? having 4 gears is so easy to remember which gear your in. But of course you had to always remember to get home before dark as Mr Miller and Lucas were King and Queen of the dark (Lol) There is nothing like an English made bike, they always left a 'mark' in their parking spot .... obviously as a reminder (Lol)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.