Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new member I was wondering if there any Indian Velo 500 members here.

I have 2 thruxtons that i purchased from southeast indian in the early 70's at a bankruptcy sale.

They have been stored for about 30 years and I am in the process of getting one out.

ned sanders

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Please post photos and follow up. Im sure there is interest on here. Id love to see some pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please post photos and follow up. Im sure there is interest on here. Id love to see some pics.
I would like to find some one else that has one.

One of the bikes was still in the crate and the other had parts stripped off the us as parts

I got all the parts that they still had which was not much.

Have a American eagle side car on the running one. It might have 3.000 miles on it

ned sanders.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,804 Posts
Floyd Clymer classics. He put British engines into I think Italian frames if I recall correctly. The very late sixties into the early 1970s was the time-frame for these bikes. I think Clymer died and that ended them. He was publisher for Cycle Magazine back in those days. I was a long time subscriber to it.

·
4,804 Posts
Still had the right side gearshift in those days. My buddies who rode Nortons back then also had right side gear shifts. Rear brake pedals were on the left side.

·
4,804 Posts
It was a challenge for me when they'd let me ride one of them. I rode Hondas & Yamahas back in that era.

·
Bronze member
2,636 Posts
Good luck with your hunt, the one I saw in 2018 was for sale, but I didn’t get any details
They are out there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
All British bikes were right side shift, sportsters were too for a few years. Also, to make things more complicated, some bikes were 1up 3down shift pattern (most BSA’s)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts