Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the real difference between the 2021 Indian vintage and the Springfield. Other than the obvious leather bags and hard bags.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wheels, wire wheels vs cast rims. White wall tires on the vintage. Springfield has TPMS. Springfield comes with passenger floorboards, vintage passenger pegs. Springfield has the rear crash bar stock. Front crash bars are different styles. Different color choices. Tan leather on the vintage. I believe the stock seats are very slightly different. Most things are interchangeable so it’s not major differences. Changing the bags can be expensive, and can’t add TPMS to a vintage far as I know, but otherwise everything is swappable.

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
but otherwise everything is swappable.
Unless things have changed in the last year or 2. The spools for the Vintage vs the spools for the Springfield are different sizes. So the bags would not be swap-able without changing out spools or buying a spool adapter kit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Unless things have changed in the last year or 2. The spools for the Vintage vs the spools for the Springfield are different sizes. So the bags would not be swap-able without changing out spools or buying a spool adapter kit.
2019 they changed all bikes to the larger spools. My 2019 vintage has the large spools(my 2018 was the small spools). They also went to bolt on instead of quick release for stock. And then 2020 vintage went to same frame(rake) as Springfield and uses the air shock suspension now. So 2021 there are less differences. It was still possible to swap the bags before but like you said, had to sort out something for the spools. I had hard bags and leather bags on my 2018. Plan to do same for my 2019, just haven’t got another set of hard bags yet, easier with it already being the large spools and bolt on.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for clarifying
I was going between the vintage and the springfield darkhorse. I liked the bike itself but do not like leather bags. I asked if I could put hard bags on it but the dealership owner told me no because the springfield has a bracket for the hard bags where the vintage does not. And if chose to have those added that it would be costly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts