Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. I am running two (only) fairing speakers in my 2018 Chieftain.I have no speakers any where else. No trunk, and no saddle bag speakers. So, I am interested in amplifying those two fairing speakers. My question, will the Indian two channel amplifier (pn 2882215) do this for me?

I would appreciate in advance any advise, opinions and directives.

Thanks....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure what your asking, your Chieftain should already have ride command and a 2 channel amp with 2 speakers. Are you looking to improve on that?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what your asking, your Chieftain should already have ride command and a 2 channel amp with 2 speakers. Are you looking to improve on that?
I know of the 100w amplifier, but I would still like to improve the sound with a amplifier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The stock fairing speakers have a real small magnet. If you upgrade the speakers it will make a huge difference

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
To answer your original question, no that kit will not work for you. You would need to buy an aftermarket amp and wire it in place of the stock amp. Wiring is the easy part, the hard part is getting an aftermarket amp to fit behind the fairing.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You do not need to replace the stock amp, you will only be avoiding any warranty claim related to thar.

What you need is a class d inline amplifier.
These amps do not require a remote wire to turn on, class d inline use the input from the original amp on the speaker wire to turn on.

I just built a 400w (rms) system for our salesman
2 fairing and 2 saddle bags, 100w each. Than when he puts his trunk on it's another 100w

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To answer your original question, no that kit will not work for you. You would need to buy an aftermarket amp and wire it in place of the stock amp. Wiring is the easy part, the hard part is getting an aftermarket amp to fit behind the fairing.
thomasjt579:

thanks a million! yes you answered my question.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks! I appreciate your feed back!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts