Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This listing is for a nice setup for your Indian Thunderstroke Engine. I had the Big Bore kit installed into my 2016 Chieftain at around 4000 miles. The engine ran perfect and had no problems whatsoever. I like adding horsepower to most things I drive so I had to jump on the big bore option. These are the parts that came off of the engine prior to the Kit being installed. All parts are in excellent , low mileage condition. I felt sure somebody out there would want this setup rather than me storing them in my office any longer. Any questions? Feel free to ask. Thanks for looking...

$600.00

All Parts Included are from an excellent running factory stock 2016 Indian Chieftain Motorcycle.
Not a more cost effective way to renew your high mileage Indian than with an inexpensive refresh, price these components new and individually and well you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dieselgman, They were kept by Indian rather than returned with the rest of the parts. Not sure why.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
dieselgman, They were kept by Indian rather than returned with the rest of the parts. Not sure why.
The early kits did not include the rods up front, they were added later on and treated like a warranty item. This lets you know you have one of the first-run kits there.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Highway, These parts are from the original 111 CI engine in stock form. Diesel, My bike did get one of the first 116 kits and was part of the recall to get the new con rods after the problems occurred with the original rods being used with the 116 kit.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have proven to be robust indeed. But at some point someone will need a refresher course for the jugs and dancers. provided they are getting some good miles on.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
There are a bunch of them out there and often come available at almost give-away prices. Sometimes they have near zero miles on them if they are dealer take-offs on new bikes sold with the 116 kit upgrade. Polaris pricing for the parts is way out in left field given the availability of the take-offs.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
TS111.jpg
TS111-2.jpg
where is the picture of this cool sign?
Just a work in progress. But this will make me want to push that project forward a bit. Right now it just looks like any Thunderstroke engine. I am currently lacking the right side gear carrier case and cover. I like kinetic and industrial-arts sculpture, I like 3-D signage.
Ideas? Install with full frame? suspend it as-is? For a little rural shop "The Indian Doctor".
Thoughts and input welcome.

·
Bronze member
1,603 Posts
Once a piston is removed from the bore, all bets are off that it will ever seal up right. Especially true if the piston and cylinder is not matched up to the correct cylinder when going back together. Any chance of nicking the rings or scuffing the bore puts that engine at risk of having issues down the road.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Each piece of the sculpture has a story... The heads for instance - Arsenal Racecraft 117, Ill fated big bore failure from another member here. The block - engine fire that melted down the entire bike. The alloys in the actual block were sufficiently heat resistant, everything else became a puddle on the floor or up in smoke. We are learning from other people's mistakes.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Anyone out there have the missing block outer-shell pieces from a damaged engine?

Also, sorry to the OP, not trying to hijack your thread, mostly just responding to questions posed here. Changing things up a bit - maybe "What useful things you can do with your left-overs from BBK installs."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts