Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow Riders in the NYC/Long Island Area. Anticipating today what hopefully will be the warmest riding day in the past few weeks. Planning of heading over to MineolaMoto/Indian dealer today Round noon time for the "swap your old tee for a brand new indian tee shirt," event, as we've reading about.

Wondering if anyone from the area on this fourm is plannjng same? If yes, let me know, would be nice to shake hands and say hello and talk about the long island Indian riders group chapter and getting it up and running soon. I understand the dealership is in its final stages putting it all together. Looking foward to a good riding season with some good people.
Cheers, Hal aka Earman67
Ride Safely ✌

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Hal. I will be there around 10-10:30 this morning. Not sure how many shirts they will have so I just want to make sure to get there early enough. Gonna be in the 50s so the wife and I are looking forward to the ride over.
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Scott, i should be there about noonish, if your still around lets say hi if not im sure we will be riding at some point this season...ps dont forget to bring an old motorcycle tee to swap for the new...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I may be around still. If they have time I have some warranty stuff they can do while I am there.
And yes I have a couple brand new Nassau Harley T shirts that I have won at Full Throttle bike nights that just collect dust in my basement.

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shirt I still haven't even got in my bike yet phone troubles have been working with then answer Verizon all day gotta hop in bike now
How was event?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Hal. I tried waiting for you. I was there til about 12:20. Then we went for a ride out to the Maples in Manorville. Got our thirts and spoke about the IMRG. They are just waiting for paperwork from Indian.
I was also speaking to them about getting my cams installed and then having the bike dyno'd some time after I get back from Daytona bike week.

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scott,
Sorry I missed you. Never made it out to event, shit happens but really like the shirt from what i see. Gonna ride a little bit later on early afternoon. I forgot which bike youre using? I can ya that checking the tire pressure on the VIntage is a royal rain in the ass ( esp back tire...) lol
How many people were there any idea? i bet it was a blast though...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Scott,
Sorry I missed you. Never made it out to event, shit happens but really like the shirt from what i see. Gonna ride a little bit later on early afternoon. I forgot which bike youre using? I can ya that checking the tire pressure on the VIntage is a royal rain in the ass ( esp back tire...) lol
How many people were there any idea? i bet it was a blast though...
Hal. It was pretty quiet while I was there earlier. There were some people coming in and out while we were there. And some other people taking the vintage for a demo. As we were leaving I saw a lot more people pulling up.
Yes I checked my tire pressure on my Roadmaster yesterday before the wife and I went out. Only needed a few psi. I rode my bike in to work this morning to Jamaica Queens just so I can enjoy the ride home when I get off at 3.

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool where do you work I. Queens? Im.in Queens gonna ride with a friend soon for a few hours

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm the engineer at the AirTrain building next to Jamaica train station. Maybe I'll see you guys out on the rode.

·
Rider
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm the engineer at the AirTrain building next to Jamaica train station. Maybe I'll see you guys out on the rode.

Well, Was heading out with a friend to Staten Island to Gotham Motors, another great dealership and Indian Dealer, to say hi to a few friends that work there. Halfway there my buddy gets a flat in his rear tire, we pull over on the shoulder lane of the very lovely Belt Parkway, and find a huge metal speer we couldn't even pull out for lack of pliers ( the first tool I'm adding to my bikes tool kit/along with a flat tire repair kit and small battery operated air pump). After trying to wave over other bikers and get passed by by several Harley riders..lol I was finally able to stop a nice young kids on Honda who went home and brought back pliers only to find that the repair kit plugs couldn't patch the very large hole left in the back tire so.... We called for a truck to come pick up his bike.
While waiting (and freezing) after standing there for over 2 hours at this point, I see another biker couple exit the Parkway and as she turns to look at us, she hits dirt and goes down... My buddy and I run over to help her, luckily she and her bike are ok, minus a few scratches... At this point it's 3 hours later and my buddy's bike was on its way to Staten Island, my buddy ends up taking 4 trains home and gets it 930 pm, and our planned trip to the dealer for the tee shirt swap goes south...
The moral of the story is sometimes even the best plans have been known to go astray, always carry a flat tire repair kit, always respect and help out any two wheel rider in need without question and last, there's always eBay for a tee shirt purchsse if you miss an event like this...
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts