Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't this the 'Indian Tech Forum' ????? Not that I don't love our Victory brothers but it would be much better if these discussions were kept on the Victory page so us new Indian owners could discuss Indian issues here. Just sayin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I usually start from the 'new post' so didn't realize how bad it is. All of us just need to pay attention to where we are before starting a new thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I own both and just hope to get Polaris's attention to figure out the problems so that I can actually ride the Indian instead of having a new Indian with 250 miles looking pretty in my garage. Good thing I have my Trouble free Cross Country to actually ride to give them time to figure it out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
20132 said:
I own both and just hope to get Polaris's attention to figure out the problems so that I can actually ride the Indian instead of having a new Indian with 250 miles looking pretty in my garage. Good thing I have my Trouble free Cross Country to actually ride to give them time to figure it out.
Sorry to hear about your error code problems Vintage1344, has your dealer done anything to remedy the situation?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer has offered several solutions from bring it back on 700 mile round trip, we will work with you vic dealer, and even we will send you parts once I sent pics. Lucky for my wife being so kind, in the holiday spirit, and having use or lose vacation. We loaded bike today and she leaves in morning. The choice was simple once the service guy said' I have all the tools, Parts on hand, and whatever I don't have on hand, I will take off another bike in the store.' Made decision easy. And by pure coicidence, I sent my wife with a list of new accessories I want. I am easy to shop for for Christmas.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pauly Deleonardis
Menneto Indian of Albany
1757 Route 9
Clifton Park NY 12065
518-371-2087

This guy offered a lot of insight on my problems and I was able to cancel my orders for accessories and money is supposed to be refunded. My paint guy also understands why I am not going with my custom paint. Keeping the Vintage as is to see if all works out. The owner of my dealership has been very good in working with me but I am tired of hearing, it is normal just ride it. I did manage to get over a hundred miles on my victory today without much sliding and didnt hit any snow drifts on the bright side. Gonna, try the Indian again tomorrow and try to work on some miles to see if I can gain the confidence to let my wife ride the bike. I am not trying to win a lottery ticket for my wifes life insurance. She is pretty fun to ride with. Did I mention the unusual issue of the bike deciding Rpms at random times? I rode it for Polar Bear Ride on New Years with 18 Harleys and one Yamaha and it decided it wanted to continue on Rpm even though I released the throttle. Not the first time it has happened. Most disturbing was leaving my embroidery shop and it decided 3000 rpm was a good rpm to leave parking lot. I am not sure that I was in agreement. I did find out from the guy above that the trade in is based on time of purchase and not year of cycle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts