Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you feel about Indian's decision to buy a commercial spot for today's Superbowl game?

Will it do any good?
or
Is it a waste of money?

I can't wait to see it.
It will be the only reason why I tune in for the game.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great idea! Football fans buy motorcycles. The more exposure the better.
Although, anyone who rides who isn't aware of Indians must have been living in a tree the last few years.
Can't wait to see it also.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
How do you feel about Indian's decision to buy a commercial spot for today's Superbowl game?

Will it do any good?
or
Is it a waste of money?

I can't wait to see it.
I am looking forward to seeing it.

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
It's a mad house here in Phoenix, Scottsdale... celebs everywhere.

I could give a rip! :rolleyes:

I'm going for a ride with a co-worker and heading for the hills.

Maybe CaveCreek..

I would guess more people are watching this event.. Then most anything else.

I would like to see the Indian commercial though.. It should be a class act..

Waste of money? Who knows....

It's been raining here for the last 3 days..
Supposed to stop this morning.. ...

Low clouds or fog this morning.. I've only seen that here a couple of times in 30 years.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Great idea! Football fans buy motorcycles. The more exposure the better.
Although, anyone who rides who isn't aware of Indians must have been living in a tree the last few years. Can't wait to see it also.
Sorry but until I got cancer last summer I knew nothing about Polaris buying Indian & reviving the bike. I got on line to look at a new retirement bike and was considering Victory until I saw the Indian Vintage. It was like the light of God shined down on an object saying:
"This is my gift to you my son, go ride knowing I ride with you"
I will not watch the game, but do think this is a great idea to let the masses know Indian has become the Phoenix of motorcycles.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just googled 2015 super bowl commercials and got a list of business logos that will be seen. Neither Indian nor Polaris were shown???

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had no idea about the new Indians until a commercial came on during the power block. I was riding one a week later

·
Registered
419 Posts
I sure liked the commercials they had put out prior to the release of the new Indian, they were awesome!
They had a dig at Harley without saying anything, I thought it was a great marketing strategy. Haven't seen any recently on the boob tube, so it will probably be money well spent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
[I can't wait to see it.
It will be the only reason why I tune in for the game.[/QUOTE]

I work with a lot of "20-somethings" who have never heard of Indian, so I think it's a great idea to show off these beautiful machines. But like you BD, it will be the only reason I watch. As a matter of fact, I think I'll just Tivo it and skip through the game to the commercials !

·
Registered
452 Posts
IMO, good move on Polaris/Indian's part to run the ad during the game. Lots of exposure to the product as millions will be watching the boob tube.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'll wait to see it on youtube because I won't bother to watch the game. Superbowl Sunday is a good day to be out and about on my bike because of near empty roads and restaurants. It would seem to me to be a waste of money but the decision makers at Indian don't see it that way and they likely know a bit more about it than I do.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Its all about who the target crowd! Super bowl is a big time event with major exposure. I love football, Indian Motorcycles and if they happen to show both , well go for it! Go Pats go!

·
Super Moderator
4,926 Posts
I think many of us would be surprised how many people DO NOT know that Indian Motorcycles is back!! Mixed emotions here, great exposure but I don't want to see a Indian Motorcycle at everystop light.

Anyway......GO SEAHAWKS!!!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I think it is money well spent. I have had several people come up to me and say "didn't know they were being made again?" Superbowl attracts millions of viewers, so yes, definitely worth it.

·
Registered
738 Posts
A lot will have to do with how clever/interesting the ad is. However, having seen what Polaris has done with the entire Indian brand so far, I am quite confident it's gonna be GREAT! Can't wait to see it. :cool:

·
Registered
7,995 Posts

Will it do any good?
or
Is it a waste of money?

I can't wait to see it.
Looking forward to seeing it, Yes, a lot of football fans do ride motorcycles, getting the word out to even a larger audience about these great new Indians is a positive sign that Polaris isn't afraid to "put money where their mouth is", so to speak.

Reactions: 2022

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Sorry but until I got cancer last summer I knew nothing about Polaris buying Indian & reviving the bike. I got on line to look at a new retirement bike and was considering Victory until I saw the Indian Vintage. It was like the light of God shined down on an object saying:
"This is my gift to you my son, go ride knowing I ride with you"
I will not watch the game, but do think this is a great idea to let the masses know Indian has become the Phoenix of motorcycles.
So familiar, I am 5 years out and so grateful. This bike means so much , it's hard to put into words. You know what I mean. I'm riding it into the sunset then wake before dawn and head for another sunrise.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
So familiar, I am 5 years out and so grateful. This bike means so much , it's hard to put into words. You know what I mean. I'm riding it into the sunset then wake before dawn and head for another sunrise.
Everyone can't believe I am retiring early, but the old saying:
"no one on their death says I wish I had worked more"
I will stay active, volunteer, and ride my bike every chance I get. I will say this is the bike I have dreamed of for years. Time will tell if it was a great choice, so for so good.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts