Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just seen a photo of a broken steering head in a chief, Does anyone know the true story of what has been happening, should I start to worry with my large Hack fitted? I have been getting many different stories out here in Australia.

Bronze member
Front impacts, one shown at this link to a message on same subject.
Not an issue under normal circumstances.

Rider
If this was an issue it would have reared its ugly head years ago. The big Indian has been in production since 2014, research and development for longer, and other than bikes being in accidents there hasn鈥檛 been any reports of someone just riding their bike and the head assembly catastrophically shearing off. If there have been, please post some links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Founding Member
Have shown this picture on the other thread but just to show it 1 more time this was a 45 MPH Impact and had absolutely no Neck damage on my 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse .. Actually was impressed at how well the Front End held up the way the Postal Truck pulled out in front of me on 441 in Franklin , NC ..

Bronze member
I have just seen a photo of a broken steering head in a chief, Does anyone know the true story of what has been happening, should I start to worry with my large Hack fitted? I have been getting many different stories out here in Australia.

This has been covered on this exact FORUM for at least 10 to 20 times.

THE BIKE OR BIKES IN THOSE PICTURES WERE INVOLVED IN BAD CRASHES, BAD CRASHES WHICH DAMAGED THE STEERING HEADS AND HAPPENED YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is totally mind blowing how people seem to think Facebook is a trusted news source, which is where most of these pictures originate from.

Registered
Have shown this picture on the other thread but just to show it 1 more time this was a 45 MPH Impact and had absolutely no Neck damage on my 2017 Chieftain Dark Horse .. Actually was impressed at how well the Front End held up the way the Postal Truck pulled out in front of me on 441 in Franklin , NC ..

View attachment 600046
This does demonstrate however, that the front fork reflectors are completely ineffective. 馃槀

Rider
Don鈥檛 beat Chicadee up too bad he鈥檚 a long way away from us in the states and information has a way of getting caddywhompassed . And the more it gets debunked the more a certain Indian hating pro HD guy we all know will loose more sleep lol

Founding Member / Distinguished
Don鈥檛 beat Chicadee up too bad he鈥檚 a long way away from us in the states and information has a way of getting caddywhompassed . And the more it gets debunked the more a certain Indian hating pro HD guy we all know will loose more sleep lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.