Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Have searched already (my search skills suck though).

Is there a video of comparison between the stock pipe sound and stage 1 (Indian) sound?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey,

Have searched already (my search skills suck though).

Is there a video of comparison between the stock pipe sound and stage 1 (Indian) sound?
Haven’t seen a video but the stage 1’s are pretty quiet. They do offer pretty much the best performance out of any of the available pipes. So there’s that. They also kinda break in after some miles and get louder. They honestly have a nice sound, but you’re not going to piss off the neighbors.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven’t seen a video but the stage 1’s are pretty quiet. They do offer pretty much the best performance out of any of the available pipes. So there’s that. They also kinda break in after some miles and get louder. They honestly have a nice sound, but you’re not going to piss off the neighbors.
That's actually great, I don't want them too loud. But I do want a better throatier rumble that justifies the price Indian charges for the slipons :).

If I could afford them, I'd get Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That's actually great, I don't want them too loud. But I do want a better throatier rumble that justifies the price Indian charges for the slipons :).

If I could afford them, I'd get Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
They’re very good pipes. If you watch here there are members selling stage ones pretty often. Also the pop up on eBay used as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have put a couple out there side by side. I'll see if i can find the link. I have the stage 1 ovals and really like them. I play to decat them and get even a lower rumble with very little increase in volume (I have heard it in person). I prefer a deep sound rather than the clack, and the ovals do this (so do Vance and Hines, but I hear they are louder).

·
Registered
54 Posts
i have put a couple out there side by side. I'll see if i can find the link. I have the stage 1 ovals and really like them. I play to decat them and get even a lower rumble with very little increase in volume (I have heard it in person). I prefer a deep sound rather than the clack, and the ovals do this (so do Vance and Hines, but I hear they are louder).

These are the ones i put on my Vintage. Will post by before and after with my RM later, but it has a similar effect.

·
Registered
54 Posts

These are the ones i put on my Vintage. Will post by before and after with my RM later, but it has a similar effect.
Before:

After Stage1 Air and Exhaust

Will post another one once i decat them

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you brother, appreciate it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,847 Posts
It would be nice if someone could post a Stage One exhaust video of the Challenger's sound. Nicer yet to post both with and without the cat for comparison.

·
Silver member
4,867 Posts
'15 Vintage... Stage 1 muffs sound good. Louder than stock but not obnoxious. I have stage 2 cams with stage 1 muffs and fishtails. The muffs with the cams erratic idle gives me wood :eek: :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts