Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Classic is stock other than a K&N air filter and the plugs knocked out of the stock mufflers. I'll be bringing it to the dealer soon for the gear position switch recall and the light socket recall. My questions are, while it's there can the mechanic load the stage 1 or 2 tune to my bike? Would there be any real advantage over the stock tune? And would the bike actually need the "stage 1" exhaust or air intake to take advantage of it? Would the dealer even do it to a stock bike?
At this point I'm not really interested in dropping another $500 or so on a tuner or other parts. Maybe someday down the line but the bike runs ok now. Just wondering if it would run better with a simple download. Thanks.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,821 Posts
Stage one by itself doesn't make much of an enhancement and I don't believe a Stage Two flash without the cam shafts would much of a difference either. I had Stage one exhaust put on the 2015 Chieftain when I bought it new then later had the Stage Two cams done with a Stage one air filter. That upgrade was very noticeable over just the Stage one exhaust alone. If you want a noticeable enhancement you have to do both including the cams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts