Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or have any pictures of what’s different about the scout stage 1 intake vs the original intake? I’m probably going to go with something else like the S&S but was curious about the Indian intake.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Low Cost Intake modification? shows a cutaway view of the stock intake. I believe the performance intake is similar to the "after" of the procedure done here, but with more of a "funnel", and a higher flow filter. I don't have one, and haven't seen one in person, so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Bronze member
1,455 Posts
I put one on my bike. (it was Free). The Indian performance air box is capable of moving more air because the air does not have to go back /forth around the inside “z” shape of the OEM. The performance box basically Dumps the air Almost straight down from the air filter. One reason the intake noise is heard more. However there are better alternatives. Zippers, S&S, some others move even more air. Along with more open exhaust and a fuel/air program controller (PVCX) or PV3 ( if that is the correct term for the newer Fuel Moto unit. Your bike will become a monster, above 4K rpm. You will lose some lower rpm pull as a trade off. I put 4” Khrome Werks mufflers w/touring baffles as a compromise. Not as loud. Still runs like a banshee, pulls good lower/mid ( read about exhaust reversion) and fine at 5-7k rpm ( which is hauling a$$ BTW). I don’t run WOT much anymore. BTDT. ( owner 4cyl Suzuki’s and Yamahas that were holy terrors WOT).

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the the Indian Air Intake as well , flash from dealer and the Khrome Werks 4 inch slip ons. It’s more power than I will ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
When we took my wifes 60 in for her 10K service our dealer asked if she'd like the "performance intake" installed at the same service.
My wife asked "how much"?
They replied "$89.00" and that was all inclusive (installation and flash).
She has the RCX slip-on mufflers that I installed some time ago.
I'd say that was a great deal considering that the air filter element replacement would have been about $70.00.
Her bike runs like raped ape and sounds better than ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts