Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Very nice and should sell well, came out just in time for the surge in motorcycle springtime sales.

>--------> >--------> >-------->

Live Free and Die Well

·
Registered
834 Posts
Those were some beautiful photos. This see-saw weather we're having in Pennsylvania needs to take a hike.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good: New handlebars; less bulky windshield frame; rear crash bars; bigger tank badge (or am I imagining that one ? )

Bad: Cast wheels; silly front crash bars; no white walls; missed opportunity to do something radical. (though, economically, a sure winner )

·
Bronze member
2,559 Posts
Interesting color red when they only come in black.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Web site shows color options as Thunder Black or Indian Red (at a $500 up charge)

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
In the photos I see the brown leather featured, however on the website, it is not an option. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Founding member
439 Posts
In the photos I see the brown leather featured, however on the website, it is not an option. Can anyone confirm this?
The red bike with tan seats I'm guessing is to show how you can customize. Lot of accessories on the bike. The seat looks like a Roadmaster seat. My guess is black seat is standard.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
The red bike with tan seats I'm guessing is to show how you can customize. Lot of accessories on the bike. The seat looks like a Roadmaster seat. My guess is black seat is standard.
Think you could put a tan or black seat with fringe or not off of a Vintage and it would fit

>--------> >--------> >-------->

Live Free and Die Well

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,656 Posts
I like it and it's pretty much what a lot of people predicted. I really like the ease and "lightness" of the Chieftain steering. I have ridden a Vintage and a Dark Horse and they do steer a bit heavier. I'm curious as to how the light steering will feel at speed without the fairing pushing down on the front end.
I'm still leaning towards the DH for lack of shiny stuff for my next bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I like it and it's pretty much what a lot of people predicted. I really like the ease and "lightness" of the Chieftain steering. I have ridden a Vintage and a Dark Horse and they do steer a bit heavier. I'm curious as to how the light steering will feel at speed without the fairing pushing down on the front end.
I'm still leaning towards the DH for lack of shiny stuff for my next bike.
Come to the Darkside Dan! The red Springfield with the blacked out fender trim, blacked out DH forks, primary and cylinder heads with 2014 tan properly cared for leather then we would have a winner!

·
Registered
414 Posts
A naked Chieftain.
Actually more of a stripped down RM. RM rear air shock, RM rear and front crash bars, TPMS and cast wheels tubeless tires. Remote bag locks, adjustable passenger floor boards. Rake. Chieftain/ Vintage type front lighting, not the LED. And oversized tank badges.

1 - 20 of 609 Posts