Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new video discussing the Indian Springfield Dark Horse Street Authority Package shows them using a Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift...LOL

·
Founding member / platinum
10,005 Posts
Might want to watch it again, that was not a HF lift!

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might want to watch it again, that was not a HF lift!

I did, it is, go watch a bunch of you tube video reviews in the past year, has the same exact id sticker in the lower right corner. It is a Pittsburgh Motorcycle jack made by harbor Freight.And I just saw one yesterday. The other just posted Indian videos have better shots Harbor Freight all the way.

·
Founding member
437 Posts
I have a Harbor Freight lift that looks exactly like that.

·
Bronze member
2,664 Posts
My lift is made by Snap On,has a 6,000 lb lifting capacity,is portable [it has wheels] and cost me a couple grand 20 years ago.It uses electric to actuate a hydraulic lift cylinder,and has a 30 inch lift height.What I did was place a piece of 4X8X3/4" ply wood on top of it,[naturally secured in place by four 1/2 in" bolts] ,then made alittle ramp to push or drive the bike up on to it,and WOLA,no more crawling around on the floor.And then ,when I wanna use again to lift four wheelers,I simply remove the four bolts that secure the plywood in place,then the 4X8X 3/4 plywood,and I'm ready to pick up my car or truck again.Pretty cool,huh?? SEE!!! I'm NOT as dumb as ya think!!:rolleyes:;):)

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
HF lift works great. You can get them for 299.00$ when on sale. We all have them here ( me and my friends),
I would be happy just to have the room to have one in my garage, but then again the bike lives out side beside the garage under cover .Once the car and my so called better half's mobility scooter are in the garage we have enough room for a small and I mean a small mouse to squeeze past them. As long as it does not eat too many cheese burgers and ride a fat boy HD, it should be ok lol.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HF lift works great. You can get them for 299.00$ when on sale. We all have them here ( me and my friends),

Yea they raised the price on them to about 400.00 and all the new 20% coupons now exclude jacks and a lot of things now. Good ol Chinese tariffs at work.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just my opinion, but, what good is that lift if ya cant raise the wheels off the ground? I use the under the engine lift that HF has(with a little modification), and it does what I want it to do i.e. like removing/cleaning wheels etc. I can do all the other work with the bike on the ground. Just dont see the point of that lift for a new bike. Building choppers is the only use I see...

·
Diamond member
9,068 Posts
Just my opinion, but, what good is that lift if ya cant raise the wheels off the ground? I use the under the engine lift that HF has(with a little modification), and it does what I want it to do i.e. like removing/cleaning wheels etc. I can do all the other work with the bike on the ground. Just dont see the point of that lift for a new bike. Building choppers is the only use I see...
You can get the extra scissor jacks that bolt down to it and lift bike on the table. Also, the table has a "trap door" you can remove for rear wheel removal.
IMAG3203.jpg
IMAG3204.jpg
(Ya Ya Ya it's a Harley but it's a bananas built one so that's my excuse)

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Most pro shops use lifts and center jacks to lift the wheels as needed.

·
Rider
396 Posts
Yea they raised the price on them to about 400.00 and all the new 20% coupons now exclude jacks and a lot of things now. Good ol Chinese tariffs at work.
They started doing that before the tariffs...It was the Harbor Freight founder's Son who took over the business and really ratcheted down on the coupon eligible products and started raising prices. On the flip side they are trying to increase the quality of some of their products.

Here's an interesting read:

Founder of Harbor Freight Tools sues CEO son

CAMARILLO, Calif.—The founder of Harbor Freight Tools is suing his son, whom he accuses of kicking him off of the board of directors, having him locked out of headquarters and looting the company to finance a lavish lifestyle that includes a $46 million Beverly Hills mansion. The lawsuit is the culmination of an increasingly bitter family feud over control of the Camarillo-based imported-tool seller, which has 7,400 employees nationwide...
According to the lawsuit, Eric Smidt heavily leveraged the company by taking out more than $500 million in loans, then damaged it by using some of the money for extravagances such as a $20 million Manhattan apartment and the purchase of a painting for $100 million.

One alleged purchase was The Knoll, a 13-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills formerly owned by celebrities including singer Kenny Rogers and late billionaire Marvin Davis that Eric Smidt reportedly bought for $46 million.

·
Bronze member
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They started doing that before the tariffs...It was the Harbor Freight founder's Son who took over the business and really ratcheted down on the coupon eligible products and started raising prices. On the flip side they are trying to increase the quality of some of their products.

Here's an interesting read:

Founder of Harbor Freight Tools sues CEO son

CAMARILLO, Calif.—The founder of Harbor Freight Tools is suing his son, whom he accuses of kicking him off of the board of directors, having him locked out of headquarters and looting the company to finance a lavish lifestyle that includes a $46 million Beverly Hills mansion. The lawsuit is the culmination of an increasingly bitter family feud over control of the Camarillo-based imported-tool seller, which has 7,400 employees nationwide...
According to the lawsuit, Eric Smidt heavily leveraged the company by taking out more than $500 million in loans, then damaged it by using some of the money for extravagances such as a $20 million Manhattan apartment and the purchase of a painting for $100 million.

One alleged purchase was The Knoll, a 13-bedroom mansion in Beverly Hills formerly owned by celebrities including singer Kenny Rogers and late billionaire Marvin Davis that Eric Smidt reportedly bought for $46 million.

The problem I see Harbor freight is having now is they are raising the prices of their tools to the level of the big box stores Lowes Home depot, etc. And also there power tools.

Harbor Freight made money on selling cheap tools that one could buy and use a couple of times and be done, especially specialty tools. Now those tools are reaching the same price a s brands like Dewalt etc. But the quality still isn't there and the warrant is still short.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts