Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2017 Scout Sixty to my wife and it came with the (very ugly) tank pouch which I removed only to realized, we didn't have the original screws to put back in place. Weirdly, there's only 2 screws that holds the pouch.

I order 2 screws from Indian but they don't fit. Apparently, there's a difference between the holes you can use to screw the tank pouch and "the other screws".

I bought these screw:

But I'm looking for those that fits in this hole:

I've been looking everywhere but I can't find them... any idea?

·
Rider
943 Posts
Good for the screw type reference:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for the screw type reference:
The links to Cheap Cycle Parts and Indian Parts Nation is, with the official Indian Website, where I got the diagram and if you look at the list of part in all 3 places, the item I'm looking for, the smaller screw, aren't displayed or listed... for some reason. Maybe I'm not understanding something.

As for the video, it really isn't showing anything I haven't done myself except I didn't try to remove the whole cap... but I did remove all the screws to see if there was a difference and I'm missing ONLY the 2 that are obviously different from the rest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The socket cap screws you bought were size M5 X 0.8 X 25 mm. The ones you are looking for should be the shorter ones; somewhere in the neighborhood of, I'm guessing, 12mm. Measure both of them and then you can start to search for a place to purchase what you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The socket cap screws you bought were size M5 X 0.8 X 25 mm. The ones you are looking for should be the shorter ones; somewhere in the neighborhood of, I'm guessing, 12mm. Measure both of them and then you can start to search for a place to purchase what you need.

Hey thanks for that... I'll do some measuring and see what I can do with that.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The screws you need are available at Lowes and other hardware stores.

I ditched the pouch that came with mine, too.

Bought the screws at Lowes and painted them black. Like $3

Same thread. Different length.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was Plan B to be honest but it looks like that will be the only plan as Polaris has been completely useless in helping me resolve my issue. Spoke to 2 representatives and both of them told me to buy the other screws, the long one and when I explain that I did but it's for the "other holes, the one that hold the ugly tank pouch..." I hear crickets and nothing works.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So, what's keeping you from just cutting the 2 you got down to 10mm?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, what's keeping you from just cutting the 2 you got down to 10mm?
They don't "fit right' from the get go... feels like the screws are a little too big... I mean compared to the other holes where you feel it's the perfect fit, this seems like I would need to REALLY work hard at pushing them in their spot and that's why I was looking for the actual OEM part... I'd rather pay 10$ and get the right stuff :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts