Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip from Denver to Fairbanks/Anchorage, AK in June. It appears there are no Indian shops in Alaska and the HD shops up there will not touch Indians at all. Does anyone know of MC shops that are reputable that can and will perform oil changes and install tires etc if needed?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am planning a trip from Denver to Fairbanks/Anchorage, AK in June. It appears there are no Indian shops in Alaska and the HD shops up there will not touch Indians at all. Does anyone know of MC shops that are reputable that can and will perform oil changes and install tires etc if needed?
I'm also headed to Alaska in June, but from Fl.

I wrote to Alaska cycle center about tires and they said they'd do tire changes. They suggested prestaging them though. Oil change shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
luvdgl,
Thank you for your response. Planning this trip is becoming quite enjoyable for my wife and I. We are planning on leaving June 14 from Denver and have allowed 30 days for the trip. We will probably mix camping with a few motels. If anyone has good recommendations for camping we would love to hear them.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds like an awesome time. Long trips are so fun and the planning piece is good. My family gets together each year and we plan only for a final destination the first night. After that, we pick numbers and the person with the lowest number gets the map and picks where we go the next day. We call it stop sign riding. Get to see some really good small towns and the idea is to stay off the interstate as best as we can. Good luck on the service for your bike and have a safe/fun trip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan077,
Wow, what a wonderful idea! You all have the right spirit of adventure.

·
Registered
209 Posts
luvdgl,
Thank you for your response. Planning this trip is becoming quite enjoyable for my wife and I. We are planning on leaving June 14 from Denver and have allowed 30 days for the trip. We will probably mix camping with a few motels. If anyone has good recommendations for camping we would love to hear them.
I'm planning to tent camp/motel too. I hear the HD dealer in Anchorage has a free campground. I'll be staying with family, getting ready for the return leg via a reverse Rt 66 run with my older brother.
Other than the HD dealer, there are plenty of places to camp. Ger a hard copy of the Milepost for the AlCan. Must have.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Plenty of Polaris dealerships... just nothing Indian specific. You should be able to get basic services around any of the cities or towns but no Indian equipped shops and no parts. Alaska is a great adventure, especially if you are largely self-reliant. I am flying up there next week to handle some business... wish I had the time to road-trip.

·
Registered
209 Posts
luvdgl,
Try this: US AND CANADA CAMPGROUNDS - FORMAL AND DISPERSED PUBLIC CAMPING LOCATIONS - Home
I used the military campgrounds version and its helped me route my trip. Good info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts