Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we had the Scout and 4Nines has a Harley 48, we figured that we would throw the tape measure and scales at them. Here is how everything stacked up.

2015 Indian Scout2010 Harley Davidson 48
Overall Length90 1/2"84 3/4"
Hub to Hub Length61 1/2"60 1/2"
Ground Clearance (Front of Engine)5 3/4"4 1/2"
Ground Clearance (Rear of Engine)5 1/2"3 7/8"
Clearances with Rider (200 lbs)
Front of Engine5 1/2"4 1/4"
Rear of Engine5"3 5/8"
Lowest Point5" (Rear of Engine)3 1/8" (Kickstand Mount)
Stand Over Seat Height27 1/4"26 3/4"

Weight Distribution

I made sure to tippy top the fuel. If you can't tell, the fuel level is JUST below the rim.


The Scout went up onto the motorcycle jack with NO Problem at all. I guessed at where the center of balance was and I NAILED it. The jack slid under without any issues, and the Scout was very planted on the lift as well. It didn't rock or feel like it was going to fall at any time.




The Harley was not what I would call "stock." It has some things added and some things taken away. Due to the lighter exhaust, and drag bars, but also the a sissy bar, and some saddle bags, the weight difference to the bike in stock form was almost negligible.







FrontRearTotal
2015 Indian Scout
258 303 562
2014 Harley Davidson 48254 292 546

The Scout carries 54% of it's weight on the rear tire, and the remaining 46% on the front.

The Harley carries it's weight almost exactly the same, with 53.6% on the rear and 46.4% out front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
I've been meaning to ask Nickj... What's a Harley? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
I've been meaning to ask Nickj... What's a Harley? ;)
Harley? Full name is Harley Quinn. She is a super villain in DC universe...aka Comics.



There is a pix of her with the Joker.
Hmmmm....seems to be in pretty good shape for 48.
Semper Fi,
DrZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Yes! Very familiar with Harley Quinn DrZ. Maybe I ought to get her picture painted on my Scout? Be fun to ask people if they'd like to "see my Harley"? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Yes! Very familiar with Harley Quinn DrZ. Maybe I ought to get her picture painted on my Scout? Be fun to ask people if they'd like to "see my Harley"? :p

What a freaking great idea!!! LOL
Thought you may need a better pix if you are going to put her on your bike.

Harley-Quinn-harley-quinn-9264563-1000-1470.jpg

Semper Fi,
DrZ
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
What about a water test on the Harley?:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about a water test on the Harley?:cool:
What is funny is that we talked about that... It would be a test of how much water was left in the container, instead of ripples in the water. HAHA!

The 48 has a peanut tank, so there is not a real good place to put the water bowl in the first place. Lets just say that it is "not as smooth."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha! Thank you for the lesson, but we moved one COE (the all original one that runs and drives) out of the garage to do the test. The one in the background is the chopped one that has a frame being built behind the camera position. So yes, I know what a COE is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Haha! Thank you for the lesson, but we moved one COE (the all original one that runs and drives) out of the garage to do the test. The one in the background is the chopped one that has a frame being built behind the camera position. So yes, I know what a COE is.
But what I am asking is it a Ford or Jimmy or ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
Ha. Sorry about that. It is a 47 Ford. Not sure what year the driver is though.

1947 Ford COE - Polaris RZR Photo Gallery

A pity those cabs are never used on heavy duty truck chassis. At least the blasphemy saves the cab, anyway.
Looked like that truck hadn't run in 30 years.
I currently have a 58 Chevy Apache I am setting to get rid of. it has a 502 BBC, SM465 transmission and Gear Vendor's OD. Still a project
that I started 22 years ago, but for health reasons had to give up on.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top