Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I own indian scout bobber with cca 2.5k km driven. As you can see in the video, this part is moving when bike is turned on in idle. Is this normal or should i need to go to service for this?
Thanks in advance

·
Bronze member
1,497 Posts
My Scout has almost no movement, and I had to really pull/push hard. Maybe too many burn outs/dump clutch starts ?. If this is not the case then I would say that it’s too loose. It’s a urethane/rubber part that takes up the shock between Power transfer from trans To rear wheel.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Same here: No movement at all - that’s at 10,009 miles on a 60 with a bit less power to wear that rubber star out :geek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Take the rear wheel off and disassemble... it's pretty easy. Examine the cush drive, it just sits in its recess. If it's worn, fit a new one. The only issue removing the rear wheel is whether you have something suitable to lift the bike high enough to drop the wheel down. If you just have a scissor style jack, or similar, then you need to unbolt and remove the rear fender, or mudguard. You'll probably need a breaker bar to undo the main axle nut.

·
Registered
517 Posts
When I put on new tires a month ago I was weirded out by the rubber drive thingy.I've seen lots of HDs and none had that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Cush rubbers are common in motorcycle design. It helps to smooth out the shock of power delivery to the rear wheel. If there was a direct connection between the chain/belt and the wheel the bike would be really choppy as you throttled on & off.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Alright...going out on a limb...no, I don't think that much movement is normal. I would disassemble it and take a look. Check the belt tension as well, while you're at it. If you're uncomfortable with such stuff then take it to a garage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts