Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scout owners, can I get your opinions in regard to the Indian Scout. Just in general. Horse-Power, Torque Power, gas mileage, will it keep up with the "heavies," can the engine be powered ( more-horse ). Reason I'm asking is that I'll be possessing If all goes well here in the very near future.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,726 Posts
I have demoed several Scouts over the years. They will more than keep up with the big bikes. They are smaller and about 300 pounds lighter. You do give up some comfort but you do get a much more nimble and easy to handle machine. Trade-offs include less fuel range by having a smaller gas tank. You can travel on one if it's equipped to do so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reinie
I have demoed several Scouts over the years. They will more than keep up with the big bikes. They are smaller and about 300 pounds lighter. You do give up some comfort but you do get a much more nimble and easy to handle machine. Trade-offs include less fuel range by having a smaller gas tank. You can travel on one if it's equipped to do so.
Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve had a Scout since 2016 and added a Roadmaster almost a year ago.
The Scout can easily keep up with the bigger bikes. It isn’t as comfortable for long trips, but I’ve run 1,000 mile days with it, so I definitely don’t have a problem being on it. Granted though, my first afdition was a Corbin seat. As reinie said, it is lighter, more nimble and more fun in the twisties.
The Roadmaster is much more comfortable and had so many more features. I almost find it too comfortable. But it is definitely nice for long trips.
I think that you could be very happy with a Scout, especially if you set it up to fit you and your needs.

·
Founding member
1,097 Posts
My wife rides a Scout 60. She loves it. Light and nimble.

She can out run me on my Chieftain.

I have ridden the bike several times and find it a fun bike. Not as comfey for me,6'3 330#,but for a normal size human it would be fine.

When the time comes and the legs get weaker I will buy a Scout myself.

Don't dismiss the Scout 60 its a good value.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got Scout Bobber, it can keep up. As somebody mentioned the milage is smaller, gas tank is about 3.3 gallons. Otherwise, nimble, fun, wish it was a little louder.

·
Bronze member
2019 FTR 1200
1,248 Posts
2018 Scout 60 here. 61,000 km and counting, still love it as much as the first day I rode it. Very few issues, low maintenance, plenty of power stock, very easy to mod for extra power if you want it, and over a year later I still turn around for a second look every time I walk away from it. Has been awesome to live with, wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

PSX_20190530_204308.jpg

·
Rider
756 Posts
Scout owners, can I get your opinions in regard to the Indian Scout. Just in general. Horse-Power, Torque Power, gas mileage, will it keep up with the "heavies," can the engine be powered ( more-horse ). Reason I'm asking is that I'll be possessing If all goes well here in the very near future.
You will be Possessed by the power, speed, handling and looks of the scout. I have a 2019 icon ABS SCOUT,, best bike I ever had, I love the looks of my scout, the feel, if I could have two scouts the other would be the bobber. Be advised,,, if you buy that scout,, you’ll be forced to buy many very cool accessories, Ride off into the sunset,, it’s a beautiful thing.

·
Rider
466 Posts
The scout will outrun the bigger bikes 0-60 and out handle them. It won't be as comfortable though. If you're looking for actual numbers, I believe the bigger bikes depending on accessories will do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds at best, so think stripped down Chief DH. The large baggers are probably closer to 5 seconds. The stock scout if ridden by someone who knows how to launch can do it in around 3.7 to 3.8 seconds. Those are actual numbers I've seen posted from drag strips, not just magazine guesstimate numbers.

My scout averaged 45 mpg.

No idea on the scout 60 numbers.

As much as I liked my scout, I prefer the Chief DH. I can ride the DH for hours, the scout only about 45 minutes. I wouldn't mind having a scout as a second bike though.

·
Rider
756 Posts
Got Scout Bobber, it can keep up. As somebody mentioned the milage is smaller, gas tank is about 3.3 gallons. Otherwise, nimble, fun, wish it was a little louder.
Put FREEDOM EXHAUST SHORTYS ON YOUR SCOUT,, or fish tales, it’ll be loud. I got RINEHARTS AND THERE PLENTY LOUD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts