Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was watching the business news last night and they did a blurb on Indian and Polaris, talking about the Scout.

They said the preorders were 50% higher than anticipated and add that to the 1st run, orders exceeded 200% of planned production.

They gave hired 300 new employees and invested $40 mil in their paint department alone.

In hindsight, Polaris's stock is up 500% over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
558 Posts
And on the upside, looks like the Scout is here to stay! Thanks for sharing Col Oliver.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I am not surprised at all. Being in the motorcycle industry for several decades, I could feel the mass tension created for the Indians motorcycle from the start. I could feel the tension when Gilroy and Kings Mt. were about. It just wasn't as dramatically high as it is now. This is a boom guys. This IS a NEW market for the masses. We ARE a part of it. We didn't follow a trend....We are setting a culture.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Almost 50,000 Trouble Free Miles on my Victory had faith in Polaris to build it right .. Their only problem is dealing with communications to the public and then they will have it all together .. Only sitting on the first 100 Miles of my Scout but ran like a Champ ..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Almost 50,000 Trouble Free Miles on my Victory had faith in Polaris to build it right .. Their only problem is dealing with communications to the public and then they will have it all together .. Only sitting on the first 100 Miles of my Scout but ran like a Champ ..
Anything on mileage yet?

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Anything on mileage yet?
Assuming you mean MPG .. Roughly about 40 but was not Riding the way really want to for good mileage the way Varied my RPMS thinking once it's broke in and Riding it sensible should get 45 MPG easy maybe a little more ..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Assuming you mean MPG .. Roughly about 40 but was not Riding the way really want to for good mileage the way Varied my RPMS thinking once it's broke in and Riding it sensible should get 45 MPG easy maybe a little more ..
I was and thanks. Mine is not here yet but I am considering a fuel bottle for emergencies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts