Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Indian performance air intake themselves? (PN 2882519)

I just did this on my RM and had a dealer do the flash for me and the gains are pretty amazing. So now I am thinking of doing it on the scout, but I am not sure how involved it is so if anyone here has direct experience I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Rider
756 Posts

I just did this on my RM and had a dealer do the flash for me and the gains are pretty amazing. So now I am thinking of doing it on the scout, but I am not sure how involved it is so if anyone here has direct experience I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Lotta guys do the OEM HIGH FLOW AIR in there garage , I think I could have done it too, SO,, I called indian service and asked how much to install the airbox,,,, $180.00 bucks,. I had bought the OEM air box prier. Removing the frame support bars was my problem.. the bike can scissor if not supported property. Didn’t need that frame accident in the garage.. so the 180 was for install and flash. Anyway ,, it’s all on there, and runs great. You’ll love stage 1 scout.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I’m looking at the air intake as well. I haven’t decided yet, but noticing the Scout Stage 1 Intake is not a bad price to purchase . I just put on some one 4 Inch Khrome Werks Slip ons last week and now looking to complete with air intake and flash.

My other question is if you did the install yourself , would the dealer flash for free ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks
I am doing so now and I’m stuck. Can’t get the performance filter to fit on the throttle bottle. It’s 90% done and now what. Been at it for hours. I would definitely have the dealer install it. May go to the Trask intake cause install will be a cinch at this point. I really don’t know why Indian made such a difficult design. Just my 2 cents. Hope the stage 1 2 into one goes smoother. 🤔

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am doing so now and I’m stuck. Can’t get the performance filter to fit on the throttle bottle. It’s 90% done and now what. Been at it for hours. I would definitely have the dealer install it. May go to the Trask intake cause install will be a cinch at this point. I really don’t know why Indian made such a difficult design. Just my 2 cents. Hope the stage 1 2 into one goes smoother. 🤔
Sorry to hear, hopefully you got it figured out. I had the dealer do mine when the bike was there for service anyways. I think its a little more responsive but didn't notice a ton of gains, to be honest.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did my own, it wasn't fun, directions supplied don't even mention supporting the bike, good thing I watched some videos first before doing so I knew to support bike from scissoring, it took forever to get gasket seated properly on throttle body, but in the end happy with result after re-flash Like everything else the second time around would be easier! Re-flash card comes with the intake, just take to dealer and they will download for a small fee (can't remember how much, maybe $15/$20).

·
Registered
55 Posts
You might also find just the airbox without the "tune code" for 20-30 bucks on ebay if they are still around. I think the dealer selling them was just using the code to flash scouts with aftermarket stuff, there are some people on here that went that route without using the stage 1 air box. They likely sold the left over air boxes at that price to break even, but it's a great deal if you already have a power vision or other tuning device and do everything yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bit the bullet and had dealer install intake with Indian 2 into 1 exhaust. Came out great! Runs and sounds nice!!! Very pleased.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts