Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2017 Scout ABS. I have been addressing a few issues with it. One is the horn. It is very weak sounding. The horn on my Springfield is so loud I hesitate to test it in the driveway, but the Scout horn is so weak I can barely hear it with the helmet on. Is this normal? I want something like my Springfield horn.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to keep it simple, so I'm going to try the Soundbomb Mini. Uses the existing wiring. I'm surprised my Springfield OEM horn is so much louder than the Scout.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
going to try the Soundbomb Mini
Did same.
Hopefully you won’t have any trouble like me.
For some reason mine tested just fine after the install, later no sound on the first ride.
That had me removing it and checking it on another battery. Eventually had to change the adjusting screw, which was very sensitive. Took me several tries to get it exactly right, and hasn’t failed again yet.

Definitely an improvement in horn noise over the OEM beeper.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Install the Denali air horn, they’ll think it’s a big Kenworth semi-trailer and frighten the daylights out of them.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,233 Posts
The only thing I don't like about some horns is that they mount alongside the front cylinder of the engine, hiding some of that pretty Scout motor.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I agree, I just couldn’t be bothered to reposition it at the time. Next time I’ve got the talk off I’ll move it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,086 Posts
I had a screaming banshee shockwave on my scout, mounted to left frame in front of the engine. Really friggin loud, and flashed the lights when held down. Got me out of a few tight spots.

Just got one for the roadmaster, and will be installing soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts