Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking that a unique gas cap (Indian logo, Tribe stuff, or just nice color/styles) would be an easy change that could enhance the look of our tanks. I have a 2016 Scout and there is very little in terms of replacement gas caps, at least from what I can find. Maybe there is someone doing something cool somewhere, but I can't find them. Does anyone have a unique gas cap, or a referral of someone that makes them? I really don't care for the stock gas cap, but just can't find anything nice, or really anything at all.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is an older thread on subject.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There is an older thread on subject.

Those are for Chieftains though, the OP asked about Scout.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
65Cabriolet said:
Those are for Chieftains though, the OP asked about Scout.
The same venders have Scout offerings also.
Sorry OR Jim, but that's not much help. I know there have been previous posts and places in the past that have sold them, but my question is about now. Old threads don't help. When I clicked the Link in the thread you share I got is the message... "

"Sorry.....
ALL Caps are
Currently OUT OF
STOCK! NO E.T.A."

I was hoping someone could share current information vs. old threads. Seems like a big market for it, and no one seems to be doing anything with it, at least from what I can (can't) find.

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is a video on YouTube where the stock gas cap is replaced with an Arlen Ness screw in gas cap. It doesn’t lock but being chrome it looks great.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a video on YouTube where the stock gas cap is replaced with an Arlen Ness screw in gas cap. It doesn’t lock but being chrome it looks great.
I saw that too GRIndian. That's exactly what I'm talking about, only I was hoping to get more options. Seems like someone could create a gas cap like the Arlen Ness, but with different styling (colors, Indian Head, etc). In the meantime, I am checking into having my OEM powder coated with some Indian red accent. We'll see. My silver cap isn't in the greatest condition so I'd like to do something. Was surprised at the lack of options for such an easy change out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Aeromach makes some (3) non-locking replacements. I'm not sure what happened to their web site, but it looks like other sites are selling Aeromach productions:
Accessories International: Search Results

These looks like the Arlen Ness gas caps there were sold on RevZilla at one point, but I can't find them anymore. Holy Crikes does the search engine at Revzilla suck.
Beveled Gas Cap Black / Chrome Indian Scout Motorcycles
10 Gauge Gas Cap Black / Chrome (Scout)

But I found the Arlen Ness caps here
Arlen Ness® - 10-Gauge Gas Cap

Plenty of "universal fit" items out there, but I haven't done any investigation on what it would take to fit a Polaris Scout tank.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well...........you might try Phil Eastwood Studio's. He has made me some cap covers.
You'll have to ask about scout caps, though. He made some for my vintage. I know he does scout bibs and tank covers. An internet search will bring up contact info............

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

Scooter Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vespa

Wood Art Feather

Postage stamp Label

Doesn't do the Indian Logo anymore. A stop order from you know who, about you
know what, for you know how long !!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

·
Rider
474 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts