Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Reserve your Indian Scout today and be one of the first to own with these exclusive offers only available with Scout’s First Run.

• Industry-leading 5 Years of Coverage
  • Special Commemorative First to Own Kit
Make your online reservation today to receive one of the first Indian Scouts. Once you have reserved your bike, you will be directed to complete your bike reservation with your local dealer. Your reserved bike will arrive to your dealer in late 2014, ready to hit the road.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's still a really cool offer. It should help ease the minds of those who are wary of first run production issues.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what the "special commemorative" kit is going to be? I haven't heard a single thing about it to date, which seems a little odd, since Indian has plugged of quite a bit.

I'm kinda hoping it's a scale model of the scout, so I have something to play with for the next three months while I wait...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what the "special commemorative" kit is going to be? I haven't heard a single thing about it to date, which seems a little odd, since Indian has plugged of quite a bit.

I'm kinda hoping it's a scale model of the scout, so I have something to play with for the next three months while I wait...

This could be complete Dealer hearsay, but...I was told the following: Each of the first 1901 Scouts will be a numbered bike and he said that the bike will have a plate or some type of marking on the motorcycle to indicate the first run number. I was then told that the "special commemorative" kit would include items that correlate with your specific numbered bike. I have no idea if that is true or not, but that is what I have been told.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

Talked to a dealer day before yesterday who said it's a plaque. I told him: "My teeth have plaque." There's gotta be a T-shirt, a fancy key, a belt buckle, a something better than a plaque. He didn't know.

Wrote another dealer yesterday to ask that as well as a list of other questions.

Who knows? It may still be TBD.

·
Registered
87 Posts
so the "first run" of this gorgeous bike will consist of the first 1901? after that (#1902-onward) will be considered the second run, if you will? I really want to test ride the bike before i put down my deposit, but i have to wait til mid september.

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
My Vintage is a numbered bike, she is #1137 of the 1901 issues numbered plates. I special kit that came about a month later looked like this. IMG_0507.jpg IMG_0544.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, that's pretty cool, hopefully my bike is one of the 1901.

If you have reserved and paid your deposit, you are supposed to be part of the 1st 1901 run (the deposits are only holding our space in line for the bike). I did also ask this and this Again from my dealer...They told me that I was guaranteed one of the 1901 based on my deposit and all of the Dealers would be immediately notified (by Indian) once the first 1901 deposits are fulfilled. NOW, in order to truly assure you receive the first run bikes, we all will be contacted in Late November or Early December to officially pay for the bike and truly reserve your bike. I was told that it is critical and it needs to be completed within 10 days of that notification. If any of us fail to pay within the notification time, the bike goes to whom ever is next one the waiting list (assuming that there is a waiting list).

·
Founding Member
431 Posts
That is a clock that looks just like the speedo on the Indian Chief.

·
Registered
103 Posts
so the "first run" of this gorgeous bike will consist of the first 1901? after that (#1902-onward) will be considered the second run, if you will? I really want to test ride the bike before i put down my deposit, but i have to wait til mid september.

I took the Scout for a test ride on the 13th. The day I ordered my vintage. If you want a small fast bike you will like this bike. I really enjoyed the test ride. I would get too many speeding tickets if I owned a Scout.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took the Scout for a test ride on the 13th. The day I ordered my vintage. If you want a small fast bike you will like this bike. I really enjoyed the test ride. I would get too many speeding tickets if I owned a Scout.
every bike i've ever owned (including currently an '84 Nighthawk S and '13 Triumph Bonneville) has had a standard seating position. i've ridden a couple of friends "feet forward" bikes, but not for any length of time. i just would like to see how it feels. but if you were to have asked me what i want...i would have said, "small, fast, lightweight (relative), gorgeous bike." i think that's the Scout.

·
Registered
558 Posts
every bike i've ever owned (including currently an '84 Nighthawk S and '13 Triumph Bonneville) has had a standard seating position. i've ridden a couple of friends "feet forward" bikes, but not for any length of time. i just would like to see how it feels. but if you were to have asked me what i want...i would have said, "small, fast, lightweight (relative), gorgeous bike." i think that's the Scout.
I once owned a Nighthawk S, nice bike!

·
Registered
558 Posts
i love it, will never sell. :)
Mine was the blue. Unbelievable bike, damn fast too, 110mph was as fast as I dared go though it had more in it. I never did that again. A good memory! :cool:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Whoa! She looks brand new Mycool. That's the bike I owned (not that exact one of course). Looks showroom! Wow. What a flash back for me. Thanks for a great memory.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts