Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
INDIAN SCOUT "AXE" pipe by RPW USA - 2 into 1 - Available in Chrome or Black Ceramic
DSC04212 (2).jpg
DSC04199 (2).jpg
DSC03813 (2).jpg
DSC03825 (2).jpg

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INDIAN SCOUT "BRAVE" pipe by RPW USA - 2 into 1 - Available in Chrome and Black Ceramic
DSC04149 (2).jpg
DSC04136 (2).jpg
DSC03934 (2).jpg
DSC03880 (2).jpg

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent photographs! I'm betting that exhaust saves a whole bunch of weight?!
Thanks for the compliment. These were taken outside our office, just a block away on the Coos bay in North Bend, Oregon. Just so happened to catch the tall ship Lady Washington as she sailed up the bay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So how loud are these guys? Obnoxiously loud? They are beautiful, first of all. But I'm looking for something to give it a deeper V-twin rumble without being the jerk who wakes people up at night.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I would like a price on the black ones! :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
RPW, Now that is a sweet looking system! Personally, I feel fine with the stock system as in my opinion it has a great sound at a reasonable decibel level. However, I could see myself installing one of the RPW sets IF it wasn't obnoxiously loud.
Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
So how loud are these guys? Obnoxiously loud? They are beautiful, first of all. But I'm looking for something to give it a deeper V-twin rumble without being the jerk who wakes people up at night.
Actually, your first off was about volume/loudness. Their appearance was 2ndly :) How about a forum member discount RPW?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
RPW, Now that is a sweet looking system! Personally, I feel fine with the stock system as in my opinion it has a great sound at a reasonable decibel level. However, I could see myself installing one of the RPW sets IF it wasn't obnoxiously loud.
Thanks for posting!
<...> How about a forum member discount RPW?
@RPW_USA : I would like to know about the volume as well. I'm sold on the OEM Stage ones and looking to make those quieter, but am very interested in the Ambush design if it can be made quiet. What are the options?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts

Damn, that's f*cking hot:

If you make this pipe longer so exhaust exits behind the tire, I'll buy, particularly if you bundle a controller.

Reactions: Davy and v-rod doug

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the compliments! Not obnoxiously load and yes, this pipe does have the deep rumble. If you want an unbiased option they guys that have this pipe built the BLACK HILLS BEAST and have run it the bike since Sturgis last year. They would be good for sound/noise feedback if they are still active on this site.

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@RPW_USA : I would like to know about the volume as well. I'm sold on the OEM Stage ones and looking to make those quieter, but am very interested in the Ambush design if it can be made quiet. What are the options?
The AMBUSH pipe is running about 96dbi at 1100 rpm idle with 58dbi background noise . We also make a quiet baffle for this pipe which takes it down a few dbi.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
The AMBUSH pipe is running about 96dbi at 1100 rpm idle with 58dbi background noise . We also make a quiet baffle for this pipe which takes it down a few dbi.
How quiet does it go? For me, quieter is better. The Scout Stage ones are 85-88dbi.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What's dbi (douche bag index? Ha!) But seriously, are you testing the dB using the SAE J2825 Motorcycle Sound Test?
If not, how are you doing it?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts