Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I doubt anyone has ridden the bike long enough, but I wonder what kind of heat will be generated on the right leg from those pipes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I doubt anyone has ridden the bike long enough, but I wonder what kind of heat will be generated on the right leg from those pipes?
I rode one yesterday - the last demo ride of the day after it had been ridden on demos all afternoon. When I first sat on it, the pipe against my right leg was pretty hot - I could feel it through my Kevlar-lined jeans. I think a heat shield should be added.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The demo truck came to my town this weekend and I hopped on a Scout first thing, and I have to say I most definitely fell in love. I've been obsessing over a V-Rod for some time now, but I think this has changed my mind for my next motorcycle. A couple of impressions I got from the ride though that I would need to work out first:

Gas Tank size as has been discussed numerous times. Do I really care? Probably not.
Going 2-up. A brand new motorcycle that my wife cannot ride on is a hard sell to said wife. ;-)
Would want a windshield for long rides
Lean angle - I scraped the pegs on my short 20 minute demo ride and that was not really even being able to ring out it out much. I was following a guy on a Classic, so apparently, the classic has better ground clearance than the Scout? It IS a low, low bike.
One last thing - would really much rather have a digital speedo and an analog tach. Not sure about that decision on Indian's part.

Anyone have a link or info on the accessories options? If I couldn't fix any of these issues, I would still probably love this bike. I can't stop thinking about damn thing ever since I rode. In fact, I went back the next day to ride it again and loved it even more. The most fun you can pack in an $11k bike.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On their website they sell the passenger seat, backrest, and footpegs. My wife was saying the same thing. Thinking it was a solo bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts