Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone customized the rear turn signals and license plate bracket and if so can you explain hat you did. I am looking to put on a side mount plate and change the turn signals. I have looked a lot at the LED light strips but noticed some people have created a bracket and mounted lights in a different place on the fender with epoxy. I was 100% going forward with the LED rount but I am afraid of how visible they will be to other drivers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have seen picture of some people who have removed their front and rear turn signals and installed the bar end signals. The video I saw made it look like they were pretty bright. Could be an option.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
@Meggie has considerable experienced information that could help you with the changeover from incandescent lighting to LED.
I haven't delved into this very much myself, but I do know that there are some electronic/computer problems to address before you can change them around.
Do a search on her forum themes and you should find some good information to help...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Take a look at my bike to get an idea of the bar end turn signals. My scout It'll give you a good idea of what they look like. I can also add videos of them for reference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reaponses and nice look Dustin. Would the bar end signals "legally" replace the rear signals? I like the look but i ride home, each time i ride into work, at around 11pm on the interstate for 20 miles so visibility is something i dont want to lose too much. @Meggie do you have or know of any experience with the under the fender LED replacements for the rear turn signals?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the reaponses and nice look Dustin. Would the bar end signals "legally" replace the rear signals? I like the look but i ride home, each time i ride into work, at around 11pm on the interstate for 20 miles so visibility is something i dont want to lose too much. @Meggie do you have or know of any experience with the under the fender LED replacements for the rear turn signals?
I'll upload a few videos tonight of the signals from a distance so that you can see how good they are. New Jersey doesn't require motorcycles to be inspected so I only eliminated the front signals without any concern. The signals can be seen from behind as well, so i suppose it's possible to eliminate the rear signals.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Not under the fender. With a homemade bracket, sticking higher. There is a thread somewhere on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone customized the rear turn signals and license plate bracket and if so can you explain hat you did. I am looking to put on a side mount plate and change the turn signals. I have looked a lot at the LED light strips but noticed some people have created a bracket and mounted lights in a different place on the fender with epoxy. I was 100% going forward with the LED rount but I am afraid of how visible they will be to other drivers.
i have bar end signals. Super high vis and pass for front and rear signals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts