Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a good cover for my Scout and was wondering if you guys had any opinions on the "Indian" branded Scout cover which I can pick up through my local dealer?

Thanks

·
Rider
756 Posts
I am in need of a good cover for my Scout and was wondering if you guys had any opinions on the "Indian" branded Scout cover which I can pick up through my local dealer?

Thanks
A motorcycle cover,, like for weather and sun,, I bought my son a cover for his CBR1000 on Amazon for $23.00 buck, and it fits my scout perfectly. And it looks good, it also Velcro and locks to the motorcycle. Can’t tell ya not to buy the Indian cover,, but,, you can save a few bucks,,.on line.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Sawacs OME Covers are s expensive ,but they are good quality eg: I bought 2 Victory Vision covers for my 2013 Cross Roads back then at that time they were full all weather Polaris / Victory covers and cost me over $178.00 Australian dollars each, now that same cover for the Road Master is close to $300.00 Australian dollars ,but the ones I have are still as good as the day I bought them. I know you could buy from Ebay ,Amazon etc and pay less . If they wear out you can afford to keep replacing them at the cost of the OME ones but , then it comes back to what you wish to do and want to pay. I would say any cover is better than none at all regardless of quality or cost .

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree....without an OEM bike cover and just a plain jane bike cover, you are not advertising to lookers what type of bike is underneath.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for the information.. I will probably order a plain old bike cover and call it good.

Cheers!

·
Rider
462 Posts
6F44C34A-FD62-4249-B570-A60716C802EF.jpeg
Thank you everyone for the information.. I will probably order a plain old bike cover and call it good.

Cheers!
What do you need the cover for? Is it to keep dust off it in a garage or are you forced to store your bike outside? If the latter, I’ve relied on a Bike Shield for the last few years. The inner frame keeps the waterproof outer shell from contacting the bike so there’s no worries about the cover scuffing your paint in a strong wind or blizzard. Convenient, too. Just flip it up and ride away. Then flip it down when you return. You can even lock it if you need to. My Scout was outside on a battery tender all winter with some Stabil in the tank and some oiled rags stuffed in the exhaust. Come riding season it started right up and the bike looked just as good as new.

Don’t get me wrong: I’d KILL for a garage. But if you don’t have one this is probably the next best thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts