Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm wanting to move my foot controls forward 2" possibly 4" forward. I've noticed when i'm riding and I sit my ankles on the pegs i'm so much more comfortable so I think moving the pegs/controls forward 4" would make my life so much better.

Does anyone know where I can get a kit to do this for my 2018 Bobber?

·
Registered
936 Posts
The bobber comes with reduced reach pegs. You can just take off the adapter to make it stock, along with a new shift rod. If that’s not enough there is an extended reach kit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bobber comes with reduced reach pegs. You can just take off the adapter to make it stock, along with a new shift rod. If that’s not enough there is an extended reach kit.
THanks, do you know where i can buy the extended reach kit? The indian dealership here in Auckland told me that there isn't one for the bobber

·
Registered
936 Posts
THanks, do you know where i can buy the extended reach kit? The indian dealership here in Auckland told me that there isn't one for the bobber
Hmmm just checked the website and it doesn’t say that it fits a bobber. Surprised! Maybe a bobber owner here can tell me if I’m wrong here, they sure LOOK the same.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have this kit. have yet to put it on but a pretty good setup.
Hey did you put the kit on ? Keen to see what it looks like and how solid it works, what extension size did you choose I’m thinking of 100mm

·
Registered
341 Posts
I don’t have pics at the moment but I went with the 60mm kit. I’m 5 foot 7. I’m glad I didn’t go bigger. I was a bit confused on the right side controls. It said something about moving a evap canister. Company from across the pond so of course our bikes don’t have that part. Easy install.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Personally, I went with the Aeromach floorboard conversion because of the ABS brake line. It also drops down an inch and lets you move your feet wherever you want them. I also love the look. Simple
20210131_162107.jpg
install.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am having a hard time understanding how these work with the OEM ABS brake line. My 2020 does not seem to have any extra play at all. Can somebody help me out? I am very interested.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You have to move the brake line a bit in the back. It's zip tied into place. There's a couple of brackets that hold it under the motor as well. I'm unsure how you get a ton of movement with the longer kits but for mine it was pretty easy.

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
My short story: I found the Indian extension from a dealer in the midwest on eBay so I bought it. As I was installing it, I discovered the ABS brake line was different than on mine. After calling them, I found out they sent me the non ABS kit as the ABS kit was not available. So if I am hearing you guys correctly, I could have loosened the brackets and re-positioned the line as it was only 2 inches of travel that I needed? I sent it back and lost money on shipping and restocking fees.

If someone could give me a link to get the 80mm, I would be grateful.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My short story: I found the Indian extension from a dealer in the midwest on eBay so I bought it. As I was installing it, I discovered the ABS brake line was different than on mine. After calling them, I found out they sent me the non ABS kit as the ABS kit was not available. So if I am hearing you guys correctly, I could have loosened the brackets and re-positioned the line as it was only 2 inches of travel that I needed? I sent it back and lost money on shipping and restocking fees.

If someone could give me a link to get the 80mm, I would be grateful.
I ordered mine here: Extended Forward Controls Adaptor Plates for Scout Bobber - 80 mm

Their website doesn't allow for US purchases, so I had to email them and they created an invoice for me. It took 2 months to receive, but they were great to deal with, and I'm am very happy with the purchase.

Check out my Indian Scout Bobber YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4JfB6Jax9g8A2SGQTeXhrA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts