Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Scout Bobber - Corbin Brave Seat / 2-up?

2249 63
Afternoon all... just curious if the Corbin Brave seat is a 2-up solution. Looks like someone could sit back there with a sissy bar but wondering if anyone has done this?
Reactions: Master tech 1265
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
437 Posts
Left my rubber piece in there, just have to push down and forward then hold in place till you get screws in. Not much goes under the lip but it's secure
It is good to know it’s not just mine. It is very weird that they don’t make the lip a little longer. The solo seat fits fine under lip and doesn’t come up by gas tank. Maybe with weight on it - stretches out a bit. Because for now mine seems like the lip will pop right out.

·
Registered
21 scout bobber 60 abs (the Mistress)
528 Posts
It is good to know it’s not just mine. It is very weird that they don’t make the lip a little longer. The solo seat fits fine under lip and doesn’t come up by gas tank. Maybe with weight on it - stretches out a bit. Because for now mine seems like the lip will pop right out.
I almost had to slide it nose down push down then forward, then hold rear down till screws are snug. It's in there real solid and does not pull out with good amount of force

·
Registered
437 Posts
I almost had to slide it nose down push down then forward, then hold rear down till screws are snug. It's in there real solid and does not pull out with good amount of force
Do those hoses under the metal part where you put the lip in stay in place? When I was shoving it, I was worried about dislodging them. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine did not move
I cannot get the seat to fit for the life of me. I will probably have to get the rivets from the tongue taken out and moved like an inch or half and inch towards the gas tank. It is just in the wrong place. Even when I push the seat all the way the the gas tank, the tongue is slipping out on the edge.

So disappointing when spending this kind of money on a seat. I emailed their tech division but I don’t think they are going to be much help. I with have to figure out the riveting on my own or take it somewhere, I am not sure who would do this type of work, maybe my auto guy.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I cannot get the seat to fit for the life of me. I will probably have to get the rivets from the tongue taken out and moved like an inch or half and inch towards the gas tank. It is just in the wrong place. Even when I push the seat all the way the the gas tank, the tongue is slipping out on the edge.

So disappointing when spending this kind of money on a seat. I emailed their tech division but I don’t think they are going to be much help. I with have to figure out the riveting on my own or take it somewhere, I am not sure who would do this type of work, maybe my auto guy.
Are the rear brackets riveted in or studs and nuts? Mine are adjustable. I don't think the tongue on mine is in very deep, but it is secure

·
Registered
528 Posts

For the money they cost I think they should replace it with one that fits right , and redesign the way they mount if needed since it looks like a common concern of poor fit

·
Registered
528 Posts
For the money they cost I think they should replace it with one that fits right , and redesign the way they mount if needed since it looks like a common concern of poor fit
I imagine you could remove the the protective cover and add a small extension onto the tab? so it would go further under ?. Stupid question I'm sure but you did remove the pin that holds the factory seat in front ? Not sure if new seat instructions mention that

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah. I just took the gas tank off to install my heated grips and noticed that those two hoses that comes out of the spotwhere the tongue of the seat goes in, well they were both routed to the right side instead of one on left and one on right in the grooves. Dumbasses from the dealer service department had my tank off for performance air filter. If you need something done right you have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are the rear brackets riveted in or studs and nuts? Mine are adjustable. I don't think the tongue on mine is in very deep, but it is secure
I’m not sure about the rear brackets I haven’t really examined them, although if the seat doesn’t go all the way over the nut I may have to adjust them too.

The tongue is definitely riveted so I might be able to ask my auto guy to take the rivets out, move it up an inch and re-rivet it. I don’t know how to do that stuff. It is just ridiculous to pay this much for a seat and not get the basics. They did fix my solo seat but I feel I am going to be on my own with the tongue.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I imagine you could remove the the protective cover and add a small extension onto the tab? so it would go further under ?. Stupid question I'm sure but you did remove the pin that holds the factory seat in front ? Not sure if new seat instructions mention that
Yes I removed the pin from my solo seat haha.
I would rather just move it an inch forward instead of adding an extension since it won’t be as sturdy.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah. I just took the gas tank off to install my heated grips and noticed that those two hoses that comes out of the spotwhere the tongue of the seat goes in, well they were both routed to the right side instead of one on left and one on right in the grooves. Dumbasses from the dealer service department had my tank off for performance air filter. If you need something done right you have to do it yourself.
Well I tried to put those hoses one on each side but the left one covers the fuel electronic plug. This is some weird design shit. Has anyone taken their tank off and can confirm the two hoses that come out where the tank bolts down are both routed to the right side?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wow, color me impressed. Tip for Corbin seat issues, send the form for tech support and it doesn’t go to customer service it goes to actual people that work on the seats. They are even paying for shipping. They paid for shipping to tighten my solo seat too. This guy’s email is [email protected] if anyone is having problems with a Corbin.

Font Astronomical object Screenshot Darkness Multimedia

·
Registered
437 Posts
That's why they charge what they do. They stand behind the product
But I have read hundreds of stories online of them just flat out saying no we won’t do anything when it is a legit issue. It’s like luck of the draw.

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,663 Posts
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when you were getting robbed. This Side of the Pond Corbin have between a 70-80% markup on the prices they charge your side.

Reactions: Rogue Diesel

·
Registered
437 Posts
So they welded an extension on the tongue, it fits good now. It is comfortable in seat and lumbar areas and looks awesome. I am happy with it. I just wish the back screws for securing the pillion part were on the outside of the fender strut covers somehow. Because I have the Dean Speed sissy bar and Custom Z Spain saddlebag brackets, it will be a bit of a pain to get it on and off if I need to get to the battery. They should make a retractable key tongue to move it up from the front haha.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Shoe Automotive tire White

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Reactions: Charlie Chaplain

·
Registered
437 Posts
So they welded an extension on the tongue, it fits good now. It is comfortable in seat and lumbar areas and looks awesome. I am happy with it. I just wish the back screws for securing the pillion part were on the outside of the fender strut covers somehow. Because I have the Dean Speed sissy bar and Custom Z Spain saddlebag brackets, it will be a bit of a pain to get it on and off if I need to get to the battery. They should make a retractable key tongue to move it up from the front haha.
View attachment 716936
View attachment 716933
View attachment 716935
View attachment 716932
View attachment 716931
View attachment 716934

41 - 60 of 64 Posts