Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Scout Bobber - Corbin Brave Seat / 2-up?

2249 63
Afternoon all... just curious if the Corbin Brave seat is a 2-up solution. Looks like someone could sit back there with a sissy bar but wondering if anyone has done this?
Reactions: Master tech 1265
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Indian Scout Rogue (Black Metallic ABS)
437 Posts
Also, If I was to buy one again I'd go taller. 20-22" at least as the 18" was much shorter than I realized. Still dig it though
I ordered the 18" but I wanted it shorter, I don't have passengers so it is just for looks and to mount a bag. I specified no arches, but I wrote them back and added an arch so if I ever strap a helmet there it has something to strap to.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ordered the 18" but I wanted it shorter, I don't have passengers so it is just for looks and to mount a bag. I specified no arches, but I wrote them back and added an arch so if I ever strap a helmet there it has something to strap to.
Without a corbin brave I think i would have been happy with the 18" but I have a Viking Dagr sissy bar bag (the smallest version) and it's basically max height. Not a very big bag at all

Attachments

·
Registered
21 scout bobber 60 abs (the Mistress)
528 Posts
Without a corbin brave I think i would have been happy with the 18" but I have a Viking Dagr sissy bar bag (the smallest version) and it's basically max height. Not a very big bag at all
That's the bag I was going to get before I found the Indian one I got, it is near the top of my 18 inch sissy bar too , I like having all the pockets also
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Momentum drifter bag. It is not tall, it is wide like a duffel bag. It will be better when I mount my Viking bags after I switch out turn signals so it will fit. Still waiting for the Dean Speed sissy bar - ordered in April…
Automotive tire Font Rectangle Gadget Screenshot

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Couch Luggage and bags Bag Automotive tire Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
437 Posts
Come hell or high water I was going to get these Leather-wrapped large Viking bags on my Rogue (with the Dean Speed sissybar)

Because of the placement of the fender bolts they sit up a little high (these are as low as this Viking bag model will go because I didn’t want to lose room with the shock cut out), so I am going to order the high back Corbin Brave to meet them up higher. I am selling my brand new Corbin solo and backrest if anyone is interested - it is listed in classifieds.

I had to get different rear turn signals and the Cadence license plate mount helps elongate the rear for the bags.

Before anyone says bags don’t belong on a Bobber/Rogue:

A: I like the short fenders and do not like regular longer Scout fenders.

B: I like it blacked out

C: I am very short (5’3) and this bike fits me perfectly

D: I tried the Chieftain and it is too big and awkward for me so I will never move up to that - so a bagger Rogue is it

E: I take the bike to work and have to bring stuff so it is just impractical without bags

F: I need them larger because they have to fit my leather jacket to be fully functional - especially in summer

G: Had back surgery so don’t want to wear a backpack and the high back Brave will give more support

H: could have got the bags a bit lower but if I want to have longer mufflers in the future, I need them high enough that they won’t melt

Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting Green

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motorcycle

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Fender

Reactions: Master tech 1265

·
Registered
21 scout bobber 60 abs (the Mistress)
528 Posts
Come hell or high water I was going to get these Leather-wrapped large Viking bags on my Rogue (with the Dean Speed sissybar)

Because of the placement of the fender bolts they sit up a little high (these are as low as this Viking bag model will go because I didn’t want to lose room with the fender cut out), so I am going to order the high back Corbin Brave to meet them up higher. I am selling my brand new Corbin solo and backrest if anyone is interested - it is listed in classifieds.

I had to get different rear turn signals and the Cadence license plate mount helps elongate the rear for the bags.

Before anyone says bags don’t belong on a bobber/Rogue:

D: I tried the Chieftain and it is too big and awkward for me so I will never move up to that - so a bagger Rogue is it

E: I take the bike to work and have to bring stuff so it is just impractical without bags

F: I need them larger because they have to fit my leather jacket to be fully functional - especially in summer

G: Had back surgery so don’t want to wear a backpack and the high back Brave will give more support

H: could have got the bags a bit lower but if I want to have longer mufflers in the futureI need them high enough that they won’t melt

View attachment 708423
View attachment 708424
View attachment 708419
View attachment 708416
View attachment 708417
View attachment 708422
View attachment 708418
View attachment 708421
View attachment 708415
View attachment 708420
It's your bike to make it your own style, we are not gonna judge you here on what you like! I wanted saddle bags too but ended up with my sissy bar bag that works for me when I need to carry things into work,

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's your bike to make it your own style, we are not gonna judge you here on what you like! I wanted saddle bags too but ended up with my sissy bar bag that works for me when I need to carry things into work,
I agree to each bike his own style. However, people do judge on this forum haha.

That is nice that the sissy bar bag is enough room. I feed the squirrels at work so I have big bags of panuts on top of different gloves, and all the other stuff that goes in daily bags. Also I like to be able and stop to pick something up if need be. I ordered Xlarge viking bags first but they were way to big so i exchanged for these.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I don't understand how Corbin charges the same for the brave and the solo seat, there's more material in the brave and more work involved
I thought the same thing, even the high back and fast back Brave is the same price...

·
Registered
2018 Indian Scout
157 Posts

Because of the placement of the fender bolts they sit up a little high (these are as low as this Viking bag model will go because I didn’t want to lose room with the shock cut out), so I am going to order the high back Corbin Brave to meet them up higher. I am selling my brand new Corbin solo and backrest if anyone is interested - it is listed in classifieds.

Before anyone says bags don’t belong on a Bobber/Rogue:

H: could have got the bags a bit lower but if I want to have longer mufflers in the future, I need them high enough that they won’t melt

View attachment 708423
View attachment 708424
View attachment 708419
View attachment 708416
View attachment 708417
View attachment 708422
View attachment 708418
View attachment 708421
View attachment 708415
View attachment 708420
Hey man, nice ride! I have some Viking bags too, and my left hand bag hits the belt guard on heavy bumps. What did you use to shim out the bags to alleviate the clearance issue? I used some 3/8” aluminum flat stock, but I would need at least another 3/8” to really clear the belt guard.
Charlie

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey man, nice ride! I have some Viking bags too, and my left hand bag hits the belt guard on heavy bumps. What did you use to shim out the bags to alleviate the clearance issue? I used some 3/8” aluminum flat stock, but I would need at least another 3/8” to really clear the belt guard.
Charlie
I’m still currently messing with placement - pain in the ass.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm wondering how that bring your own bag mount might work for bags on our bobbers from hemisphere perf?
I ordered the Custom Z Spain bobber brackets for the Klickfix supports.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I love my Corbin high back Brave. It works good with my 18” in Dean Speed sissy bar. It it is a ***** to put together with my saddlebag brackets by myself.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

Hood Automotive tire Fender Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Organism Line Automotive design Tints and shades

Reactions: Charlie Chaplain

·
Registered
437 Posts
I got my Corbin high back Brave finally. It is stretched leather and looks really good. Question, is your rubber flap near the gas tank removed for this install. The lip of line that goes under that metal piece with the two small hoses doesn’t seem to go in all the way with the rubber flap the seat in the front basically sticks up and I can pull it right up. Does anyone know how to remove the rubber or if it can be removed without causing issues for anything else? Also does anyone have the PDF for Corbin Brave installation that shows exactly how they want the lip to go in there?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Automotive design

Automotive tire Organism Line Automotive design Tints and shades

Hood Automotive tire Fender Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire

21 - 40 of 64 Posts