Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Indian Scout - Aftermarket Exhaust Install in SoCal

3141 16
Hi All,

I have a 2015 Indian Scout. I'm looking to get a Hacker Mayhem exhaust installed with the fuel regulator that comes from Hacker and a Trask air filter. I am also looking to get some mini-apes (8") put on. Nothing too crazy, but I've been to 3 different places, which generally serve HDs, and they don't want to work on the Indian. I live in Thousand Oaks and can bring the bike from Ventura to LA-area for service (I work in Santa Monica), but I need someone that can do the work, well, and that comes recommended. Any suggestions on a mechanic in Ventura or LA counties would be appreciated. The commute through LA traffic with stock pipes is becoming an issue. Thanks all in advance for any help. - Joel
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Senior member / silver
3,446 Posts
Google and Yelp are your friends. If you don't already have the pipes, about the only one who will sell and send them to you is a private party on Ebay.

· Senior member / silver
3,446 Posts
Reactions: efp5009

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm going with Butch's Custom Cycle in Simi Valley. Great guys. Old school shop with no hassles. Will be installing the 2:1 Hacker Mayhems, Trask air cleaner and the fuel regulator from Hacker. Will post pics when when all is set up!

· Rider
462 Posts
In most states it is illegal for legit garages/dealerships to remove cats without replacing them.

None of these aftermarket pipes have cats (at least not that I am aware of).

My dealership could sell me Crushers, but could not install them on my bike, I had to do it myself, all because of emission laws and regulations.

And I'm in Ohio... I would imagine the regs are doubled or tripled out in Cali.

· Registered
960 Posts
In most states it is illegal for legit garages/dealerships to remove cats without replacing them.

None of these aftermarket pipes have cats (at least not that I am aware of).

My dealership could sell me Crushers, but could not install them on my bike, I had to do it myself, all because of emission laws and regulations.

And I'm in Ohio... I would imagine the regs are doubled or tripled out in Cali.
Take my word for it SuperDave, it's a different world out here in California. My wife has two years to work and then we are out of here.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just recently had the Hacker Mayhem exhaust put on along with a Trask air filter and the plug-in chip from Hacker, which was dyno'd and optimized for the Scout and the exhaust. I figured I wanted to go for a full Stage 1 while the work was being done. I love the look of the short-pipes as I like things stripped down, the horse power bump is from 92hp to about 104hp is great (slightly noticeable) and for those that are concerned about "presence" or being heard while riding these pipes do not in any way disappoint. Word to the wise, I ordered the "baffled" pipes and they are beyond any stretch of the imagination the loudest motorcycle exhaust I have ever heard on an Indian, HD or other; no video will ever do the sound justice. Here is the link to a video of the bike with new exhaust:
. Feel free to ask questions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.