Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire

Something wicked this way comes! We are very excited to announce that in the next few weeks we will be releasing our new 240 wide tire kit for the Indian Scout. This new wide tire kit is engineered to be an easy bolt-on to allow our 18" x 8.5" wheel and 240mm tire to be a perfect fit inside the factory swingarm, with NO MODIFICATIONS necessary. Supplied in this kit is a 18x8.5 wheel, 240mm tire, 11” wide steel fender that is custom built with an internal support structure that bolts directly into the factory location, a stainless steel belt guard and a chrome tear drop tail light with license plate holder. Pick from any of our 60+ wheel designs and custom finishes. All necessary hardware is included for a quick and easy bolt on installation. Made in the USA. This kit is priced at $2495.00. For more information please call us at 1-800-360-0915.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire Fuel tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
The only thing fat on my bike is me!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
HA! This kit can help balance things out for you.
Now that may do the trick! Nice looking kit but unfortunately I own a Vintage. I do look forward to seeing one in person though!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
4,011 Posts
That rocks... game changer for a few folks out there... I'd do it, if I owned a Scout. Few guys are going to eventually chime in on how a 240 changes up the cornering, etc,etc. My R3 had a 240; handled fine. My BDM has a 330; that .. is a challenge

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 31982
Something wicked this way comes! We are very excited to announce that in the next few weeks we will be releasing our new 240 wide tire kit for the Indian Scout. This new wide tire kit is engineered to be an easy bolt-on to allow our 18" x 8.5" wheel and 240mm tire to be a perfect fit inside the factory swingarm, with NO MODIFICATIONS necessary. Supplied in this kit is a 18x8.5 wheel, 240mm tire, 11” wide steel fender that is custom built with an internal support structure that bolts directly into the factory location, a stainless steel belt guard and a chrome tear drop tail light with license plate holder. Pick from any of our 60+ wheel designs and custom finishes. All necessary hardware is included for a quick and easy bolt on installation. Made in the USA. This kit is priced at $2495.00. For more information please call us at 1-800-360-0915.
View attachment 31983 View attachment 31984 View attachment 31985
So cool! I like!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Think this is a great addition for the Scout at a fair price .. Is not for me but wish you well on this ..

·
Bronze member
2,293 Posts
I like a lot ... makes the scout look more grown up ... maybe it does not look as small anymore ... and I start feeling desire for a scout now !!!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bad...ass! It would seem the the Scout has really lit a fire under the tail ends of after-marketeers! Nice, very nice.
Let's hope the same happens for the Chief line!

www.davetpilot.com

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
that looks great but like my 13 hammer it will be heavy + not handle as well as a big enough 200 on a 6.5" wheel + a matching 18 for the front as well. on that note could you build a 17X6.5" for the rear of my 13 hammer with all factory parts fitting to it, a matching 18X3.5" up front would do fine. research shows a 200-55-17 to be very close diameter as my stock 250X18 dunrock which i replaced with the much sportier pirelli night dragon in 240X 18 flavor also looking which wheels you sell are lighter for my 13 hammer

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
That rocks... game changer for a few folks out there... I'd do it, if I owned a Scout. Few guys are going to eventually chime in on how a 240 changes up the cornering, etc,etc. My R3 had a 240; handled fine. My BDM has a 330; that .. is a challenge
This would be my primary concern and challenge - handling? I have always heard that the fatboys tend to make a bike want to stand up in a corner? But I do not know personally anything about it. How does it change the weight of the Scout. MORE PICS.:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
a lot depends on tyre selection! my stock 250 dunrock on a 13 hammer was just ok, an 08 model i tested was terrible, a 250 dunrock but was an older squarish style. the 240-40-18 pirelli night dragon i installed is great, ducatis built for them + their Diavel a 240-45-17 is prolly better. big tyres look cool but most are overly big + hurt performance with the xtra static + rotating weight, less weight per sq in on the contact patch causes less traction as well!! like skinny front tyres fat rears are more looks than anything. buying the wheels, a matching front as well prolly 2-3 G!!! for those with deep pockets for sure!!!!!! i feel a pair of 18's with modern low profile radials would look great + handle well! the tractor tyre setup does not look good to me!!! sorry not meant to hurt anyones feelings but we all like different things!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've built and ridden fat tire customs for 13 years, I wouldn't build a bike that isn't fun to ride. Certainly some combinations handle better than others.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

I will be getting my 240 Scout back from my partner soon. We not only installed a 240 Avon Cobra on the back but also a 17" x 150mm front on a widened fork. I expect it will greatly improve handling as well as looks.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Tire Motor vehicle

This is out kit to install a 200mm rear on a 5.5" wide wheel for those looking to increase rear grip without having to change the rear fender. This requires rear frame modifications but they just require trimming with a sabre saw.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Rim

I'll always regret crashing my Diavel a year ago for more than one reason. It was a terrific bike. I rode it 5,000 miles over 4 years,... every one of them was special.

I expect my Scout will somehow suffice my desire to replace my Diavel. o_O

1 - 20 of 46 Posts