Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those that want to see what a Russell Day-Long saddle can look like with a Rivco trunk relocator, I'll attach some photos here. Russell extended the passenger seat to fill the 2 inch gap provided by the relocation. The seat is beautiful and the wife cannot feel anything odd with the additional 'footage' added to the rear of the seat.

Product details: 2019 Indian Roadmaster, 2 inch trunk relocation. Russell Day-long dual tour - all leather, studs, retained stock heat, and stock rider backrest port. Matching diamond pattern with white stitching.

In my opinion, this is the best looking combination for a Roadmaster and matches fantastically. The leather and stitching is far more comfortable and softer than stock. If you've read anything about Russell seats, then you know their comfort is unparalleled. My experience was no different. Soon as I put the seat on, I rode 130 miles non stop without an issue. I'm sure there's still the break-period to get through, so I imagine it only gets better. I'm 5'7" with a 29 inch inseam, and they built the seat perfectly for my height. My advice to you on your purchase is to ensure you provide them exact stats and as accurate photos as you can give them. If you do that, your seat build will be spot on. I could not believe how perfectly suited this seat was for me.

If you are considering a Russell, and you're not shorter than me, go for it. I waited over 10 years for mine, now its your turn.

IMG_3018.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG IMG_3012.JPG IMG_3013.JPG IMG_3014.JPG IMG_3015.JPG IMG_3016.JPG IMG_3017.JPG IMG_3018.JPG

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Did they move you closer to the bars at all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Kitulu, No they didn’t move me forward, but that’s because my riding position didn’t require it. For other riders, they might recommend pushing you forward based on your current reach on the stock seat. Remember, this is a custom seat built for your dimensions on the bike.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
@Kitulu, No they didn’t move me forward, but that’s because my riding position didn’t require it. For other riders, they might recommend pushing you forward based on your current reach on the stock seat. Remember, this is a custom seat built for your dimensions on the bike.
Thanks for the reply! I currently have a Corbin Fire and Ice. However, when I go back to the US, I am going to look into having a RDL seat made, as the Corbin has me just a touch too far back.

Reactions: kingbob and mlv

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and the nice review. I have made my mind up to have my seat redone by Russell. I have a Chieftan Elite and I'm really looking forward to getting it done. Sometime this year!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pictures and the nice review. I have made my mind up to have my seat redone by Russell. I have a Chieftan Elite and I'm really looking forward to getting it done. Sometime this year!

my pleasure. I have been waiting to do the Russell for the longest time. I had an ultra limited before i bought the Roadmaster, but the Russell would have sat me too high for my comfort. When I started testing the Roadmaster, I knew then that the bikes lower stance was all I needed. Then, it was like an extra bonus that the RDL looked it’s best on the Indian. Win/win.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the reply! I currently have a Corbin Fire and Ice. However, when I go back to the US, I am going to look into having a RDL seat made, as the Corbin has me just a touch too far back.
We were always fond of the corbins, but never pulled the trigger. I was always a bit nervous of it being too stiff, so we always just stuck with mustangs in every bike but this one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have a RDL on my FJR,best seat I’ve ever had for distance riding.One thing I had to get used to was shifting forward at stops to get my feet down due to the forward support.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I sent in my order form today, waiting for a build date. Thanks again for your post, it's mainly what pushed me ahead. I was teetering back and forth, when I saw your pictures and review that's all it took. Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sent in my order form today, waiting for a build date. Thanks again for your post, it's mainly what pushed me ahead. I was teetering back and forth, when I saw your pictures and review that's all it took. Thanks again

Oh I’m glad I could help. It’s hard springing for this expensive luxury, but also the wait is tough. Once you go through the hassle of the order form, then waiting, then waiting some more, then finally sending it in... then waiting some more, haha. The day you finally get it, it’s like Christmas when you were 11 and you got your first bike or something. Worth the wait. Good luck :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I got an email yesterday from Russell telling me that I have a June 30 build date. Kinda excited for this change. Here's a picture of my scooter that my wife took today as we were taking pictures for the order

1 - 20 of 23 Posts