Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I read a lot of different informations about the color code for Indian red. Does anybody has the correct color code for the red of the RR airbox cover? I want to paint some of the plastic parts.

The color code of the RR frame would be perfect too.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The frame is P-639, Indian Motorcycle red.

This is the description from the parts diagram for the airbox cover:
5454537-1788CVR-AIRBOX,RH,BKPRL/WHTREDGRFX [FTR 1200 S]

Though I can't find anything that specifically calls out which red it is, and this description doesn't give much detail either, it's entirely likely that the red on the airbox cover is also Indian Motorcycle red....it's kind of their thing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. Not sure if I will take the same color as the frame or if I will align with the airbox cover. My dealer told me that it is "Indian red" and that he already mixed his own suitable paint which should make it. I would hate a color difference between airbox, frame and plastic parts :p .

·
Bronze member
2,722 Posts
I think the problem with the IM paint codes is this...these are IMs internal paint code numbers. You can’t take this code to a paint shop and use this code to get matched paint. I seem to recall this being discussed elsewhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the problem with the IM paint codes is this...these are IMs internal paint code numbers. You can’t take this code to a paint shop and use this code to get matched paint. I seem to recall this being discussed elsewhere.
You are right. I've found a topic where all those numbers are in. I would have to order the exactly paint. I guess I will stick to my dealers selfmade paint if he has a example.

But thanks for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts