Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So they can instantly come out with a recall on the indian but cant do it for the vision front fender?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
11222 said:
So they can instantly come out with a recall on the indian but cant do it for the vision front fender?

The bad rim has been on the road since 2008 not instant in my book.

The first Fender brake I read about was 2010

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always assumed the hesitancy in recalling the Visions stopped at the upper management of Victory. It looks like this goes beyond that, to the upper management of Polaris. The Kings Mountain bikes weren't Polaris' bikes so they have no issue with a recall. I'll bet, if the problem was with the Polaris Indians, there wouldn't have been a recall. Someone's ego is overriding their brains.
Thanks for the heads up. I think some VOG'ers have KM bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, from the link above:

'Indian Motorcycle has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) about this issue and will provide notice to all registered owners of the affected Kings Mountain Indian motorcycles consistent with NHTSA regulations. Indian Motorcycle will also issue a Safety Recall Bulletin to all Indian Motorcycle dealers with instructions required to replace the affected rear wheel assembly. Repairs will be made by any authorized Indian Motorcycle dealer at no cost to owners of the subject motorcycles. The company will notify affected customers when replacement parts are available.

Consumers affected by today's announcement should visually inspect the rear motorcycle rim for cracks and check tire pressure prior to riding the motorcycle. If any cracks are found, the motorcycle should not be ridden until the rim is replaced. Affected consumers are also encouraged to contact their nearest dealer to schedule an appointment for the bulletin repair service when parts become available. Additional information is available by visiting www.indianmotorcycle.com or by contacting Indian Motorcycle Consumer Service Department at (877) 204-3697.'

This is what I had really hoped for on the Vision front fender?

Maybe I'm reading the article wrong but the recall was initiated by Indian owned Polaris on the bikes made by the former company? Does the fact the issue is with the former manufacturer release Polaris from any liability? It doesn't make sense that they would recall this and not that?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if it took them this long on the rim how long would it take for the defective fender? Thats either plane neglogance or laziness in my book.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for sharing as this does apply to a good friend of mine,,, fowarded this one for sure !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the fact that king's mountain is getting credit for the defective rim and not Polaris is probably important.

There is a Polaris Off Road vehicle that is known to have an issue with 2 out of 10 produced.

Polaris has chosen the ignore the issue route on this.

It becomes a dealer/ owner problem .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts