Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks good. I guess I'm going to be forced to buy it. I had them on both sides of my 2010 Harley Electra Glide and they are very useful and convienient. The thing that sticks in my craw is that Harley's bags are $79 each as opposed to $199 for the Indian ones. The Harley's are imitation leather but that is a plus to me, leather requires maintenance.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
for $200.00 I'll be satisfied to just look at yours.

Reactions: SgtAl

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
I made my last one for the Harley. I will make me one, i have half a cow hide, tan leather so I will start me one.
You can do the same by dropping into Tandy store. Total should be a tenth if that price.
ROBSMST thanks I will use your post as my pattern

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Because there are no tan ones it is saving me money :) But yours looks nice mounted on there!

·
Bronze member
1,300 Posts
Because there are no tan ones it is saving me money :) But yours looks nice mounted on there!
You just gave me an idea, I have a old friend that does custom work in leather great workmanship and highly skilled embossing. The best of both worlds hand made and made in North America.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Same here, I will buy 2 in black if he will make them at a reasonable price.

---
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
Ahote - my 2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Bronze member
1,300 Posts
I'll keep this in mind but being a custom leather guy and a friend I think the cost won't be cheap because I am unable to take advantage of folks because of friendships. I believe if the work is superior the cost should be high and I justify that cost. I've handed my umbrella off to a complete stranger and walked home in the pouring rain, when asked why my reply is
' I've ridden in worse it's only water". So again I'll post the result if I can interest him at a fair price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts