Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bronze member
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On some of the Indian models s,there are three power ban modes used,normal,rain,and a performance mode,[or somethin to that effect] and are activated by pushing one or both of the handle bar toggle switches.SO!! My question is: Does the 2018 SDH also have these?? Or are these only on certain models and or certain model years.The reason I ask is because,I was watching a road test video last night and noticed a guy riding a 2019 SDH,[plain jane model like mine] yet he was able to toggle those modes on that model and showed him doing it,with the messages showing in the mileage window in the speedometer housing.So my question is,does the 2018 SDH also have this option,or was it started on the 2019 model SDH?? Anyone??? Thank you! Dave!!!

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
With an 18, you only have one mode.

But you can buy a PVCX or PV3 and make any one of those your standard tune.

I believe us early guys using the PVCX woke up the sleeping "Indian" and they realized some guys want better throttle response than stock, some guys want better mileage, and some guys like a lazy throttle. So you have the 2019-20---Sport, Tour, and Standard on the TS111 models.

Soon after the sleeping giant realized, well Tour and Standard are basically the same. So let's change that up and have Sport, Rain, and Standard on the Challenger. The best of all ride mode options. Rain is great downshift at a high RPM and the bike won't give you that slight wheel lock up, which is no big deal unless it is wet. I expect next year the TS111 ride modes might switch slightly and mimic the Challenger...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts