Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read an article about Indian trademarking the names Pursuit & Guardian. Sounds like they might be preparing to dive in to the world of police motorcycles. If so, I hope they last longer then the Victory experiment.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would definitely push my administration to take a look at the indians over Harley.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was actually wondering how Indian will fare through this pandemic. This recent article about their future bike names could be read as a good sign, I guess.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,834 Posts
Police bikes would be a potentially lucrative market. Harley Davidson probably has most of that business here in the USA although others have also had pieces of that pie. BMW, Honda and Kawasaki come to mind. Long ago Moto Guzzi also had police motorcycles as I recall. I hope Indian has success.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Victory did very well when they started producing police bikes. They were able to contract with over 150 departments and were going strong until Polaris pulled the plug. I'm still riding my Victory Commander 1 at work with hopes of a new Indian coming out in the future

·
Bronze member
1,510 Posts
Just to be clear, Victory and Polaris had nothing to do with the Police version of the Cross Country. That was done solely by a private company in Tucson AZ. Victory just supplied the platform.

Reactions: ReBorn and IMARIDER

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just to be clear, Victory and Polaris had nothing to do with the Police version of the Cross Country. That was done solely by a private company in Tucson AZ. Victory just supplied the platform.
Even if there was a 3rd party doing the prep package, there was definitely an agreement with Pii to provide the bikes at a discounted price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be clear, the VPM folks out of Tucson did get factory money from Polaris. Mike & Anita had several meetings with them. Actually, at one point Victory had the police bikes on the website.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check Hollister Indian,rode up to Corbin in 18 stopped at the local dealer and sales let me take a look at the back paint n prep area they had some nice Cheiftains decked out as police bikes for some central states depts and they had the classic fairing.I see the CHP in So.Cal back on Harleys but those Cheiftains man were something else.🔨🙉🇺🇸

·
Bronze member
1,510 Posts
To be clear, the VPM folks out of Tucson did get factory money from Polaris. Mike & Anita had several meetings with them. Actually, at one point Victory had the police bikes on the website.
My point was, Victory did not have anything to do with the development of the police platform. Will try to be more precise in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts