Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it recommended to update to the Indian performance/or Barnett clutch with the 116 BBK? Anybody having issues still with their clutch along with this kit pre 2019? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is it recommended to update to the Indian performance/or Barnett clutch with the 116 BBK? Anybody having issues still with their clutch along with this kit pre 2019? Thanks in advance
I have a 2017 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse ....with a 116 BBK kit/585 cams.No problems here with the S3 springs and standard clutch

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have stage 3 cams in my 111, I get some clutch slip in 5th and 6th gear on occasion when riding 2 up but not often. I’m switching to indian V-twins performance clutch springs with stock clutch basket. I’m sure it will take care of it, 40$ for the springs can’t beat it.

·
Rider
946 Posts
I am going to stage 3 cams and high lift valve springs. It was suggested to me to go to the Barnett 7 disk clutch kit instead of doing just the clutch springs. Is anyone running the Barnett clutch kit? If so how do you like it? Does it make the clutch lever a lot harder to pull?

·
Registered
210 Posts
So with the stage 3 cams I’ve only felt clutch slip maybe 5 times in about 5k miles. I’m going with Indian v-twin clutch springs ($45) I think that the higher pressure springs will get rid of it completely. I don’t feel the need the get the all discs. If we are pushing 140+ torque id switch for the full set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts