Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not finding this through the search feature.

Just wondering how this works. I might be wrong but If the Indian slip-ons are mainly for style / sound, if someone is not looking for loudness would just changing the air cleaner (with flash) achieve the 3% performance as advertised?

Also some of the aftermarket options look pretty good and are a couple $100 less than Indian brand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
From my understanding you would need better flowing pipes for a better intake. There are probably some used stage 1's on here from people that swapped to aftermarket if you wanted to keep to the quieter pipes and a lower price. If you like aftermarket ones but not the volume, you can usually modify the baffling a bit more since they are full sized pipes.

I got some crushers for a scout and there is not much room to work with, but I got them down a little. If they were longer like the 111's or some of the 2-1's for scouts, I could have just used a really long baffle instead of tinkering.

·
Bronze member
3,439 Posts
some on here have... but I don't know if they get the 3% and quite honestly the only way you would know at all is on a dyno... with that little improvement your mind will play tricks on you... if you think it did your butt dyno will say it did... if you think it didn't your butt dyno will tell you that too... but if you want a cheap alternative that is the same as stage I but a quarter of the price... check out American Custom Exhaust... they use your factory pipes, they knock the plug out and re-baffle them.. that's what I'm running..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts