Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mototwin, I think you are on that site. Just make the Indian General dicussion page your favorite and you don't have to see any of the victory discussions. There are some other forums out there but I noticed they are more for the vintage bikes or they have some of the vog members.
I like that the Indian riders are here so that I can read more about the new Indians and what is good and bad about them. I hope more good than bad. In the future I may want to get one. Good luck with yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12594 said:
Mototwin, I think you are on that site. Just make the Indian General dicussion page your favorite and you don't have to see any of the victory discussions. There are some other forums out there but I noticed they are more for the vintage bikes or they have some of the vog members.
I like that the Indian riders are here so that I can read more about the new Indians and what is good and bad about them. I hope more good than bad. In the future I may want to get one. Good luck with yours.
I second that.I welcome Indian guys here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, really love the bike and after owning a few HDs
i can say that indian will definately give them a run for their money.

i was refering to the indian Company page for owners on their site but
i will still check this site for discussions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was just on Indians web sit and it looks like some one did it on there lunch hour.

No specs on the bike. I couldn't find seat hight does the bike have link breaks or how many pistons on breaks.

Went to owners book and could not find out about belt tension. Only think there is what to look for

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
6736 said:
was just on Indians web sit and it looks like some one did it on there lunch hour.

No specs on the bike. I couldn't find seat hight does the bike have link breaks or how many pistons on breaks.

Went to owners book and could not find out about belt tension. Only think there is what to look for
Well there you have it !
The new Indian is just not for you, maby instead of trolling the ' Indian Forum ' you can just go play in the ' Victory ' only discussions.

Some people just don't get it, when are you just going to go away ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm inclined to think that Indian should have their own site and not be hosted on a Victory Owner's Group website. The average person wouldn't even think to go to a Victory Owners Group website to get information about an Indian. I'm glad theVOG.net took the initiative, however, to add Indian, because it's been an excellent source of information. And I'm sure it evolved that way because the Indian is a sibling of Victory.
However, once Indian gets fully established, I would imagine an Indian website might materialize. If it does, it will only happen because of an individual's initiative. It won't happen from Polaris or the Indian business branch.
As far as I can tell, thevog.net was registered by NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC. in March of 2008 and the hosting location is Orlando, Fl. They've had an average of about 8K new visitors per month on the website over the past 12 months. What I find interesting is the surge of hits during the April to September period, which of course, is the period of peaked interest in Indian. This represented an increase from 7K hits to 14K hits. Wow! So, it would appear that thevog.net was an effective source of information on the Indian release. This is my OPINION based on timing and data. We really don't know specifically why there was such a surge and you'd actually have to analyze the forum content during this period to know for sure.
I only provide this information to underscore the fact that thevog.net was created by an independent party and not by the 'company.' So, if an Indian Owners or Riders Group website is started, it will only happen because someone chose to start it and that is usually a business entity. Starting something like thevog.net, however, requires a huge investment of time and money. So, although I'd like to see an Indian website, it won't be started by me. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oops...guess what? Indian Riders Group is already registered. Same registrar as thevog.net and the administrator is none other than POLARIS. Guess all roads do lead to Rome :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Indian owners have several sites to choose from. The better ones have been around for 10+ years, and have thousands of members. I doubt that Indian themselves will do something like HOG. Leaves to many doors open to trouble

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2396 said:
Indian owners have several sites to choose from. The better ones have been around for 10+ years, and have thousands of members. I doubt that Indian themselves will do something like HOG. Leaves to many doors open to trouble
Would appreciate some links. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2396 said:
<span>Kevin have you had a chance to look at the indian. What is your opinion? It will never replace my Vision but so far I love my indian. </span>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was actually checking out the Indian Owners page yesterday, and since then there have been some changes, so I expect something is coming fairly soon, I think this site is a great forum, and I've learned a lot from some of the comments, others not so much..... However, once the 'Indian' owners page is open, and assuming there is some kind of Forum there we won't have to wonder if the company is reading the posts, I'm pretty sure they will.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was mistaken, yesterday I was on the Canada Owners page, and today the USA owners page, there is no change to the Canada page, not sure about the USA page.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
239 said:
Just an FYI TheVOG is not polaris, Andy started theVOG way back in 2008.
Not surprised to hear that since Andy is prevalent on the website. Guess he must have registered initially in Florida and transferred to Scottsdale, according to registration info? He's done a good job with the website. Didn't know if he was the registrant, since that information is listed as private, or just the site manager. Now I know.
Good job Andy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would hope that someone from Indian / Polaris would be monitering the new Indian owners site. I would suggest as soon as it goes live we all let them know how much we appreciate Polaris bringing Indian back, but let them know what we owners expect as far as customer service goes. If your going to compete as the 'Alpha Bike' you better have better customer service than what I've heard Victory owners have put up with for years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
6269 said:
Would appreciate some links. Thanks.
Here are two that I know about. The first one has been around since the Gilroy bikes. There are some guys with with wonderful sense of humor! And very knowledgeable about Indian.
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/

http://www.chiefmotorcycleforum.com/index.php

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Indian owners site not up yet.

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/2013/experience/community/pages/indian-riders-group.aspx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2396 said:

I feel the same and the support numbers just aren't big enough to something of that scale right now...maybe 10 years down the road the numbers will be there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
18725 said:
Here are two that I know about. The first one has been around since the Gilroy bikes. There are some guys with with wonderful sense of humor! And very knowledgeable about Indian.
http://www.indianmotorcyclecommunity.com/forum/

http://www.chiefmotorcycleforum.com/index.php

www.imroa.com brand new forum catering to the newest Indians but all are welcome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts