Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I am proclaiming Indian Motorcycles the Official Motorcycle of Alpine Texas! (Unofficially of course but who is going to argue?)

Ride Loud
Ride Proud
When riding thru Town
You're on an Indian!

What about your town?
I hereby proclaim Indian to be the official motorcycle of Littlefield Arizona , easy enough to do we aren't even an official town. While I'm at it maybe I can be the mayor.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Does that mean free beer when I'm town on my Indian? Oh, I don't drink, how about free food ?

·
Banned
7,192 Posts
I hereby proclaim Indian to be the official motorcycle of Littlefield Arizona , easy enough to do we aren't even an official town. While I'm at it maybe I can be the mayor.
What, you got all of 300 people in Littlefield... :confused:

Only dirt roads into Az.. Wow
What state do you ride your bike, Roaddawg??

·
Registered
738 Posts
I am proclaiming Indian Motorcycles the Official Motorcycle of Alpine Texas! (Unofficially of course but who is going to argue?)
]

Hi Breeze. I just looked up Alpine on Google Maps and I see, as expected from the name, that it's in a mountainous area. Do you have a lot of good riding roads around Alpine? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
image.jpg

Wait a minute, wait a minute,,,,, is someone suggesting I buy free beer for hordes of staggering, drunken, smelly Yanky Indian riders? Is that what's being suggested???????

Hmm,,,,,,,,,,,,, well why the hell not?

If I flog the house, mortgage the wife, rustle my neighbours herd, sell the Sydney Harbour Bridge and get a Government Grant then I should have enough for at least one round of beers.

LET THE PARTY BEGIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
View attachment 5714

Wait a minute, wait a minute,,,,, is someone suggesting I buy free beer for hordes of staggering, drunken, smelly Yanky Indian riders? Is that what's being suggested???????

Hmm,,,,,,,,,,,,, well why the hell not?

If I flog the house, mortgage the wife, rustle my neighbours herd, sell the Sydney Harbour Bridge and get a Government Grant then I should have enough for at least one round of beers.

Contact " mayor of Littlefield Arizona to coordinate the details.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have some great riding around this area. Main reason I am spending the winter here. My favorite is the Alpine, Marfa, Presido, Terlinqua loop. And once you do a ride one way, go back and do it the opposite way, totally different ride. Lots of places to ride and very little traffic. Only thing, ya gotta keep your one the road cause the scenery is very distracting. Good place for dual sport also.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
If you want to ride in Texas.... you must do the RAT one time.
THE RAT....

The mandatory locations where reciepts must be obtained are listed below. Riders must obtains receipts from these locations in the order they are shown.
Mandatory Locations:

• 1. Childress
    2. Follett
    3. Texline
    4. Kermit
    5. Guadalupe Mountains N.P.
    6. Anthony
    7. Presidio
    8. Lajitas
    9. Big Bend Panther Junction
    10. Del Rio
    11. South Padre Island
    12. Victoria
    13. Galveston
    14. Port Bolivar
    15. Port Arthur
    16. Texarkana
    17. Paris
    18. Childress
This run is something over 3100 miles and should be done by every Texan by birth, naturalized Texan, as well as out of state riders who can tolerate the heat, cold, rain, tornados, hail, etc. You must be able to drink, cuss, fight, and not litter.

Oh BTW...there are two levels for this ride 70 hours or 85 hours to complete the trip. Oh my aching a$$.

RAT Schedule
Date / Time
Event / Location
Saturday, May 3

Sunday, May 4
Gathering of the riders
Monday, May 5

5:00 a.m. RAT Ride Start
  • 5:00am - Start releasing Riders
  • 6:00am - All riders must be signed out

Thursday, May 8
~3:00-4:00am -- RAT Insanity Gold Ride Ends- 70 hrs after start receipt

~6:00-7:00pm -- RAT Insanity Ride Ends - 85 hrs after start receipt

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Official motorcycle of Woodland Park CO.

View attachment 5714
Wait a minute, wait a minute,,,,, is someone suggesting I buy free beer for hordes of staggering, drunken, smelly Yanky Indian riders? Is that what's being suggested??
Yes Bluey
You show up and I will buy you at least two rounds of CO micro brew. No Fosters!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Official motorcycle of Woodland Park CO.

Yes Bluey
You show up and I will buy you at least two rounds of CO micro brew. No Fosters!
No self respecting Aussie would drink Fosters. It isn't even considered there.

Semper Fi,
Z

Reactions: Bluey

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Semper Fi,
Z
When I was young cold beer was my favorite. As I have aged so has the quality of my beer choices. I may live in CO, but wouldn't even consider drinking Coors.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
There was even a parade last time I rode my Indian through Ingram Texas.
Nobody but me knew it.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
THE RAT....

The mandatory locations where reciepts must be obtained are listed below. Riders must obtains receipts from these locations in the order they are shown.
Mandatory Locations:

• 1. Childress
    2. Follett
    3. Texline
    4. Kermit
    5. Guadalupe Mountains N.P.
    6. Anthony
    7. Presidio
    8. Lajitas
    9. Big Bend Panther Junction
    10. Del Rio
    11. South Padre Island
    12. Victoria
    13. Galveston
    14. Port Bolivar
    15. Port Arthur
    16. Texarkana
    17. Paris
    18. Childress
This run is something over 3100 miles and should be done by every Texan by birth, naturalized Texan, as well as out of state riders who can tolerate the heat, cold, rain, tornados, hail, etc. You must be able to drink, cuss, fight, and not litter.

Oh BTW...there are two levels for this ride 70 hours or 85 hours to complete the trip. Oh my aching a$$.

RAT Schedule
Date / Time
Event / Location
Saturday, May 3
Sunday, May 4
Gathering of the riders
Monday, May 5

5:00 a.m. RAT Ride Start
  • 5:00am - Start releasing Riders
  • 6:00am - All riders must be signed out
Thursday, May 8
~3:00-4:00am -- RAT Insanity Gold Ride Ends
- 70 hrs after start receipt

~6:00-7:00pm -- RAT Insanity Ride Ends - 85 hrs after start receipt

Semper Fi,
Z
Wow, what a ride that would be :)

·
Registered
738 Posts

Semper Fi,
Z
This always cracks me up - Foster's advertises like THEY are 'thee Aussie beer' but every Australian guy claims this is BS. The power of advertising, huh? :cool:

PS. Personal gripe: Why does the Outback Steakhouse chain in the USA use the guy with the most fake sounding Australian accent imaginable in their commercials!!!??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
738 Posts
THE RAT....
Doctor, dammit - NOW you've just given me another thing to add to my must do list!!! As IF I don't have enough! ;)

Seriously, this looks like it could be a great challenge and a lot of fun! I'd do it a lot more slowly so I could appreciate the countryside and the people and having a few beers with the locals - I was never a great Iron Butt Rally kind of guy but I've done my share of major miles days but now I just want to enjoy the people and the ride. Thanks for the posting.

·
Super Moderator
5,868 Posts
This always cracks me up - Foster's advertises like THEY are 'thee Aussie beer' but every Australian guy claims this is BS. The power of advertising, huh? :cool:

PS. Personal gripe: Why does the Outback Steakhouse chain in the USA use the guy with the most fake sounding Australian accent imaginable in their commercials!!!??? :rolleyes:
Because he is British, from the Midlands!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts