Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bad earnings call must got investors antsy as Indian just sent out 1500 dollar trade in allowance plus 500 more if you trade a 2018 in....Which is 2000.00

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,904 Posts
The bad earnings call must got investors antsy as Indian just sent out 1500 dollar trade in allowance plus 500 more if you trade a 2018 in....Which is 2000.00
That's interesting since the margins are only about 4%.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got an email for $500 trade-in 'bonus' for my 2017 RM for a 2019 RM. So with the 'special offer' of $1500, is that $2000?

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
They had a similar deal when I bought mine back in 2017. I think it was 1500.00 trade-in plus an additional 500.00 in accessories or something like that...

Not out of the ordinary.

Once the FTR sells this quarter all will be well in the board room. The reviews are all over the place this week, so we know they are headed for the showroom anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
I was watching them being assembled Monday morning during my factory tour.

They had a similar deal when I bought mine back in 2017. I think it was 1500.00 trade-in plus an additional 500.00 in accessories or something like that...

Not out of the ordinary.

Once the FTR sells this quarter all will be well in the board room. The reviews are all over the place this week, so we know they are headed for the showroom anytime soon.

·
Banned
2,788 Posts
The $1,000 incentive from IMRG might still be available as well. I took advantage of that for my '19 + 500 trade in.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Here in Australia ,at the moment if you buy a 2016 111 they are offering stage 3 big bore kit and including the Stage 1 exhaust and Air filter that you would need regardless so I take the tips on the exhaust would have to be included. This tell me that they shit loads of 2018 models to get rid of and that would back up why they are not pushing any of the 2019s let alone have many here in Australia. The other reason might be our Government going hell bent on privatising every public owned business and building they can.The privates re negotiate wages or put more part or casual employees at lower wages or conditions ,so then the Government says they have created more jobs. That coupled with no wage growth does not give anyone conference in buying luxury items like bikes etc. So they manufacturers and dealerships are not selling the volume that they need too. If they were there would be next to nil deals . I am not trying to start a political argument here just stating a fact .Everyone is struggling these days so with less wages and higher cost of living you spend on the essentials.
OMG Might Run for PM lol.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Here in Australia ,at the moment if you buy a 2016 111 they are offering stage 3 big bore kit and including the Stage 1 exhaust and Air filter that you would need regardless so I take the tips on the exhaust would have to be included. This tell me that they shit loads of 2018 models to get rid of and that would back up why they are not pushing any of the 2019s let alone have many here in Australia. The other reason might be our Government going hell bent on privatising every public owned business and building they can.The privates re negotiate wages or put more part or casual employees at lower wages or conditions ,so then the Government says they have created more jobs. That coupled with no wage growth does not give anyone conference in buying luxury items like bikes etc. So they manufacturers and dealerships are not selling the volume that they need too. If they were there would be next to nil deals . I am not trying to start a political argument here just stating a fact .Everyone is struggling these days so with less wages and higher cost of living you spend on the essentials.
OMG Might Run for PM lol.
You offering free Indian motorcycles to all?

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
You offering free Indian motorcycles to all?
Yes yours lol anyone interested in a free Motor bike aka. a Indian please contact 17NDSTL he has a nice Road Master for free. :oops::rolleyes::eek::D I can't offer mine as I am waiting for my 116 kit to arrive at the dealerships next week before installing it so won't be allowed to let mine go.Sorry there are Conditions apply for his bike you have to take the old guy with it lol

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
He said 1500 + 500 = 2000. Can't argue with that Meggie.
If you trade in a 2018 model. $1500 if it’s older than a 2018 model.

I love my 2017 roadmaster. I would slightly consider a trade in on the 19 model if I didn’t have stage one and stage two and a ton of other money invested into it. Besides I am rather happy with the way it is now. And I’ve paid down on it for over two years so I really don’t want to go back to owing that much again anyway. So I’ll stay put and keep doing additional things to mine as time and money Allows.
Besides I’m getting older with two bad knees and a bad shoulder bad back and I am short 5‘7“ already. So there will come a time where I will have to consider another option as opposed to a heavy bike. Although mine is lowered an inch and a half already. And I have rox risers on it

·
Rider
907 Posts
Trading in an 18 would be good for us cheap bastards, more used Indians for people.to purchase. Maybe that is part of the plan also? Get more used Indians on the market?
I'm sure that is what the plan is. They need more used ones. Not everybody can afford new.

--
Gordon

·
Bronze member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trading in an 18 would be good for us cheap bastards, more used Indians for people.to purchase. Maybe that is part of the plan also? Get more used Indians on the market?

No, they just want to move the 2019’s. I think the price increase for 2019 and the fact there is still a lot of 2018’s left over left sales very flat. Sales of 111’s last year declined and have continued into this year.

·
Bronze member
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm sure that is what the plan is. They need more used ones. Not everybody can afford new.

--
Gordon

The huge glut of used Harley’s is killing them. Used bikes don’t help Polaris because they don’t see any money from it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,692 Posts
That huge glut hurts Harley too. Anyhow I asked what my 2015 two tone Chieftain is worth at my dealer and his reply was $12,000 Trade-in. I followed that up with asking what my best sell myself price would be and he replied $14,000. My original purchase with accessories was just over $25,000 four years ago. The glut helped to depreciate my ride by $13K for trade-in and $11K selling it myself. I'm not ready to go back into debt for another bike right now but downsizing to a Scout is looking more attractive from a cost standpoint considering my fixed retirement income.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts